L’Oreal Kids 2 in 1Shampoo Extra Gentle Watermelon 9 oz
  • I went through a phase of trying kid’s shampoos after using a coconut scented one at a relative’s house was a pleasing experience
  • It is very gentle, although for fans of natural products who like to avoid chemicals, it is not likely to be a good choice
  • It seems to make my hair dry faster, which is something I have noticed about a lot of two in one shampoo/conditioner combos
  • Obviously, rotten fruit is not something that I consider a stylish scent
  • It actually does perform very well as a gentle shampoo, and I would still recommend it

• by reviewabit

I went through a phase of trying kid’s shampoos after using a coconut scented one at a relative’s house was a pleasing experience. The two in one formulas were gentle to my hair, and the cool scents were just fun and different.

After trying out a cherry almond scented Loreal shampoo for kids, I was hell bent on trying the whole line. My second purchase was this one– the watermelon scent.

It is “extra gentle” so I though ti would be ever better for my somewhat combination hair that is dry at the ends. When I tried it out, I was very happy with

the performance of the shampoo.

It is very gentle, although for fans of natural products who like to avoid chemicals, it is not likely to be a good choice. It does have sodium lauryl sulfate, artificial everything pretty much, and a very potent scent.

Chemical though it is, it does leave the hair feeling soft and conditioned, and detangles fairly well. It seems to make my hair dry faster, which is something I have noticed about a lot of two in one shampoo/conditioner combos.

I liked the scent in the bottle, but I did not like it quite as much when I was actually ...

• using it. For some reason, it changed when it went onto my hair.

Maybe it was my own personal chemistry or something that did not mix well, but after I had rinsed the product out of my hair, the after-smell left on it was not particularly nice, and almost reminded me of rotten fruit. For this reason, I only used the product a couple of times on my hair.

Obviously, rotten fruit is not something that I consider a stylish scent. When my neighbor’s little boy would come over for a few nights when she was away on business, I would use the shampoo on

his hair, and it did not seem to produce the same rotten fruit effect.

Even after drying his hair, it would smell more like watermelon candy. He preferred the mango shampoo that I had also bought, so eventually the watermelon shampoo ended up being demoted to hand soap.

For the record, it doesn’t smell like rotten fruit on your hands. I really don’t know what the deal is there! I think it was just a personal chemistry thing, so I am not going to give it a bad rating.

It actually does perform very well as a gentle shampoo, and I would still recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3412041464130530/k2311a0412/4.12.11