Philosophy Dark Shadows Illuminating Eye and Upper Lip cream 0.5 oz
  • I think a mistake people might make with this product is to assume that it will reduce or somehow permanently affect the eye-bag or shadow problem
  • I would recommend this product for anyone trying to disguise eye or lip shadows, but do not expect miracles

• by reviewabit

I have used a few Philosophy products here and there, and although they are expensive, I generally like them a lot. When I splurged and bought myself some lip treatment made by the company, I also tried out this eye cream. I have some “dark shadows” of my own. Philosophy product names always make me laugh, and this one reminded me more of the old soap vampire soap opera “Dark Shadows” than the condition of my eyes.

My dark shadows are probably hereditary, as

I have always seemed to have them, but only since I have gotten a bit older do they bother me. I think a mistake people might make with this product is to assume that it will reduce or somehow permanently affect the eye-bag or shadow problem. It does not, and does not advertise that it will.

It is a “light diffusing” product. What that means, basically, is that it is camouflage. When worn under makeup, it helps to create the illusion that the shadows are not there.

My first test of the Dark Shadows was after a night when I had little sleep. I looked atrocious, to be quite blunt. I started my day with cold tea bags over my eyes for thirty minutes, followed by a puffiness reducer.

Finally, when I was ready to apply makeup, I put this cream on under my eyes. It goes on smooth and feels slick, as it is a silicone based product. It smooths out the eye area and does ...

• Philosophy Dark Shadows Illuminating Eye and Upper Lip cream 0.5 oz
      indeed seem to make the circles and shadows noticeably lessened.

I wish I could say it was a miracle cream that took them away, but I don’t think that really exists outside the realm of botox or cosmetic surgery. After putting on my makeup, it looked even better. I would say this product works as well as any could be expected to.

It cannot change the shape of your face, so if you have deep lines or depressions in your skin, it will only be

able to help to a small degree. However, if it’s just to spruce up tired eyes or even out skin texture, it seems to work really well. I do feel that the product is a bit overpriced, but it is Philosophy, so that can be expected.

At least it is used in very small amounts, and the less you can use, the more effective it seems to be. I would recommend this product for anyone trying to disguise eye or lip shadows, but do not expect miracles.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3412041464030530/k2311a0412/4.12.11