Emerald House Rising (book) by Peg Kerr
  • I bought it because it sounded unique and interesting, and I was very pleased with how it turned out
  • It followed some gem-cutting themes, which some people might find boring or slow or whatnot, but it had sorcery and adventure and all the usual good stuff too, so I really can't say

• by Laura Gordon

This is one of those little-known books that is actually very good. I bought it because it sounded unique and interesting, and I was very pleased with how it turned out. It is strange to me that I had never heard about it from anyone else, and never heard word of it since.

The author was very good with words, and had great attention to

detail. Her characters were well developed and worthy of affection, and her settings were vivid and lovely.

The book ended up being just as unique as I thought, though perhaps that is why it is not so mainstream. It followed some gem-cutting themes, which some people might find boring or slow or whatnot, but it had sorcery and adventure and all the usual good stuff too, so I really can’t say.

Another thing I appreciated about this book was that it was decent. It was an adult book without using inappropriate themes. Then again, perhaps this is another reason it was not so mainstream. Regardless, I appreciated that, and it didn’t feel compromised at all.

It had a good plot and a good ending, two very important factors in my ...

• Emerald House Rising (book) by Peg Kerr
      book. It was a decent length at 336 pages, and just kept a good pace and was quite entertaining. I would be interested to read more by the author, if she was inclined to write another book. I could also do with reading this book again after leaving it for few years. It had good humor, romance, adventure, scandal, ideas… Really, I can’t see anything wrong with it.

A nice read! Certainly check it out. It may not be a favorite, but it is certainly worth reading. I would love to hear what somebody else thinks of it, since it hasn’t seemed to make much noise about itself. Perhaps it doesn’t have enough appeal from the outside, but really it was a worthy story.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1712041463600430/k2311a0412/4.12.11