Inkheart (book) by Cornelia Funke
  • Despite this being a children's book, I decided to give it a try just because it was big enough to have promise as quite a story and honestly looked utterly charming
  • But the book is a treasure, and I would definitely read it again, and will definitely be reading it to my children in the future

• by Laura Gordon

Despite this being a children’s book, I decided to give it a try just because it was big enough to have promise as quite a story and honestly looked utterly charming. And having read it, I can say that I am so glad I did! Never have I been so charmed by a children’s book before. This was a truly beloved story, not dumbed down at all. In fact, there were a few themes that might have been just

a little bit mature for children, and small nuances like a bit of light language here and there. But it did not overshadow the charm of the book, by any means.

I would say that this is a good book to read with your children. It’s fascinating and deals with different things that might bring up good discussions, innocent enough to not do any sort of damage but also serious enough to be thought-provoking and a good stepping stone into older things.

This ...

• story was fantastic, moving, charming, poetic, and entertaining. The author had a spectacular eye for detail, and a truly captivating, unique way with words. I don’t know if this was due to the fact that she is a German author and her books are translated into English, but the fact remains that the effect is there and makes this book a lovely thing indeed.

This is one of those books that was made into a movie, and it shouldn’t have been.

Not to say that I couldn’t see it as a movie, and that it would have made a good one, but rarely do screenplays follow the storyline or a book right or bother with the important details that really makes the book characteristic in the first place. They don’t do them justice, and this movie was no different.

But the book is a treasure, and I would definitely read it again, and will definitely be reading it to my children in the future.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1712041463580430/k2311a0412/4.12.11