Chef’s Cupboard Chicken Broth
2.0
  • My wife and I found it at our local Aldi store for around 60 cents a couple weeks ago and used it yesterday
  • Since it isn't used very often, I don't like spending a fortune on it and can't complain about the price of this brand
  • One of the things I noticed about this broth when I tried a bit of it (to make sure it was warm enough for her) was it was very salty tasting
  • It's definitely a cheaper brand of chicken broth

• by Review Vigilante

Product Description: Can of condensed chicken broth. My wife and I found it at our local Aldi store for around 60 cents a couple weeks ago and used it yesterday.

What I liked about this product: I don’t use chicken broth all that much.

But, it comes in handy the few times we actually cook with it or, in this particular case, when someone in my house (my wife this time) has

an upset stomach and can’t keep solid food down (I’ve also had it when I’ve had a major sore throat and couldn’t swallow anything solid).

Since it isn’t used very often, I don’t like spending a fortune on it and can’t complain about the price of this brand.

It was about half of what I would end up paying for a can from a better known brand like Campbell’s.

What I didn’t ...

• like about this product: This is usually the case when you spend less money on something but the quality left a lot to be desired.

One of the things I noticed about this broth when I tried a bit of it (to make sure it was warm enough for her) was it was very salty tasting.

I’m OK with this if it actually tastes like chicken too.

But, that wasn’t the case

this time around and all I tasted was that salt.

The broth was also somewhat thin.

When she has it while sick, we don’t add water to it and, even without adding water, it was still much thinner than we expect chicken broth to be.

My Final Opinion: It’s definitely a cheaper brand of chicken broth.

But, if you are looking for quality and not necessarily to save money, you are better off with a more expensive brand instead.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2712041463500430/k2311a0412/4.12.11