Kroger Pull-Apart Garlic Bread
1.0
  • I wanted to have it with my pasta dinner later that evening, and I did, but it sure didn't enhance my meal like I thought it would
  • I definitely felt afterward that this was an incredibly poor product
  • The size and thickness of the bread would've made the bread worth purchasing had the garlic flavoring been acceptable in intensity, but in its current state, this bread isn't worth any amount of money, period, in my opinion

• by CirclingCanvas

Kroger Pull-Apart Garlic Bread is a product sold exclusively at Kroger grocery stores. It’s a bread that’s baked fresh in-store and is sold near the bakery for two dollars and seventy-five cents. The bread is round in shape and very thick in size. It was so thick and tall that I couldn’t fit a slice in my mouth when it was standing upright, as it’s sold. I picked it up one day because it looked and sounded good, what with the garlic topping and the softness that I felt when I gently squeezed it.

I wanted to have it with my pasta dinner later that evening, and I did, but it sure didn’t enhance my meal like I thought it would.

The softness and freshness of this garlic bread were two positive qualities that weren’t nearly enough to save it from being a very big disappointment. The bread was extremely bland to the point it was almost entirely tasteless. What I tasted most of the time was just plain bread, almost like plain white bread. There was very, very little garlic taste and I was not pleased to find ...

• that there was just garlic flavoring on top of the bread rather than on top and inside. I doubt though that if there was garlic flavoring inside the bread that it would’ve mattered since the garlic flavoring on top of the bread was pitifully weak. I definitely felt afterward that this was an incredibly poor product.

The Kroger Pull-Apart Garlic Bread does pull apart easily and without the need of a knife. While there’s a certain degree of convenience because of this and although the bread had a real freshness to it that made it

soft, the qualities that I liked about this bread paled in comparison to what I didn’t like about this bread. It was just like eating unflavored dough nearly all the time as I ate the big slice. Almost entirely tasteless, and it actually caused me to enjoy my meal less because it was so ridiculously plain. The size and thickness of the bread would’ve made the bread worth purchasing had the garlic flavoring been acceptable in intensity, but in its current state, this bread isn’t worth any amount of money, period, in my opinion.

Angela Lienemann says :

I miss our Kroger store in Litchfield Il. Since Wal mart. Moved in I have been to Nokomis store they don’t have a bakery. Now visiting my son in TN. His Kroger never has it. I truly miss it. I try making it myself with no luck.

Jennifer Davis says :

Hi Angela. I love Kroger pull apart bread too, but my Kroger (Gainesville ga) sells out of it quickly so recently I got the opportunity to try New York Brand Pull Apart soft garlic bread and its delicious It is $ 3.65 for two loaves. I definitely recommend it.

CirclingCanvas replies :

Although I wasn’t satisfied with this bread, I can understand your frustration in no longer being able to find it. I feel the same way too when a product I like is no longer attainable for some reason. All that’s left to do when that happens is either find an alternative sold under another brand or, if you’re good in the kitchen, scour the web for a similar sounding recipe that you can try your hand at in the hopes of replicating what’s no longer sold in your area. Good luck in your search

CirclingCanvas replies :

Alternatives like the New York Brand exist, although will cost a bit more than a store brand. Still, if the product is good and worth the money, then it’s money well spent. Sometimes, you just have to give another brand a try when a certain one is no longer attainable. It’s better than going without it all together, right?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2712041463460430/k2311a0412/4.12.11