Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
  • I have always noticed that my eyeshadow would either fade completely by the end of the work day, or become streaky, creating stripes of color in the creases of my eyelids
  • When I began to buy higher end eyeshadow and still had the same issues, I started to think it was just the texture of my skin that was the problem
  • I really didn't think anything would work- then I bought this, on a whim

• by Stroots

Finally, after years of putting up with eyeshadow that streaks and fades, I have found the perfect solution- Urban Decay’s Eyeshadow Primer Potion. This stuff works miracles for anyone who wears eye make-up.

I have always noticed that my eyeshadow would either fade completely by the end of the work day, or become streaky, creating stripes of color in the creases of my eyelids. I originally assumed that my eyshadow issues had to do with the quality of the make-up I was using. When I began to buy higher end eyeshadow and still had the same issues, I started to think it was just the texture of my

skin that was the problem. I really didn’t think anything would work- then I bought this, on a whim.

This primer absolutely works wonders- after 10+ hours of work, my eyeshadow still remains in place, looking just as fresh and colorful as when I put it on in the morning. It comes in three different formulas- one of them is in a bronze bottle, and gives your lids a pretty bronze shimmer, even before you apply your make-up. According to my sister, you can easily wear this primer alone, or use it as the base shade before applying a darker shadow in the corners and creases of ...

• your eyes. Another formula, in a tan bottle, is more like a concealer. It’s thicker, and perfect for using under dark shadows when you want your colors to really “pop.” I usually choose this primer for my “nightime look.” I also have the original, which comes in a purple bottle and goes on clear. It isn’t sticky at all, and is very easy to apply. All the primers have wands, which makes it fast and simple to dot the product onto your eyelids and then blend with your fingers. I usually wait about 10 seconds and then apply my eyeshadow.

I guess the only real downside

of this product is that it is expensive ($18) and you really don’t get very much in the bottle. That said, I have been using my two primers for about 3 months now (I use the original formula daily) and it still seems to be going strong.

The bottom line is that this stuff works like a dream! You do need to be careful, however- once your shadow is on, it’s not coming off easily, so make sure you decide on the colors before hand. Otherwise, if you change your mind, you’ll need eye make-up remover to get it off, and you’ll have to start your eye routine over from scratch.

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3112041463380430/k2311a0412/4.12.11