Biolage by Matrix Color Care Shampoo 33.8 oz  » Health  »
  • I was assured that this was one of the best
  • I bought the big 33 ounce bottle, since it was the most economical– yet still it was pretty expensive, so I was really hoping I would like it
  • The problem was that I found it difficult to manage my hair while using the shampoo
  • I found that it was actually a little harsh compared to a lot of shampoo I have used
  • I made myself use the whole bottle because I paid so much for it, but after it was gone, I have not bought it again and probably would not

• by reviewabit

This shampoo was one option recommended to me by my hairstylist the last time I had it professionally colored. It looked great– I had highlights put in, and I really wanted to keep the brightness of the color for as long as I could. I had tried non-salon brands and never found too many that were very impressive as far as keeping color looking great. I was assured that this was one of the best.

I bought the big 33 ounce bottle, since it was the most economical– yet still it was pretty expensive, so I was really hoping I would like it!

I have mixed feelings about the Color Care.

It has some pros– I have to admit, while I was using it, my color did not fade. The highlights stayed fresh looking and the rest of the color was very rich and bright.

It did its job as promised on the color. The problem was that I found it difficult to manage my hair while using the shampoo. It was supposed to be very gentle, after all it was intended for colored hair.

I found that it was actually a little harsh compared to a lot of shampoo I have used. The first two ingredients on the label, after water, are both sulfates, which are strong detergents that can dry out ...

• your hair. I’ve never really understood why those two would get top billing in a salon shampoo when they are so controversial in other markets, specifically the natural products ones.

When I shampooed my hair with this product, I had to use a conditioner. There was no way around it. If I dared to try to skip the conditioner, my hair would be dry, unmanageable, and full of static.

This tells me that the shampoo is a little hard on my hair. How it managed to keep the color bright while stripping my hair of all moisture is a mystery to me. When used with a good conditioner and good styling

products for dry hair, it worked fine.

I made myself use the whole bottle because I paid so much for it, but after it was gone, I have not bought it again and probably would not. I don’t enjoy having my hair feel like wet straw and being forced to use conditioner when I am in a hurry. There are much gentler and much cheaper products that give me the texture I want for my hair, and I will probably stick with those.

If you have normal to oily hair, and want to keep your color, this might be a good product for you. If you have dry or damaged hair, look elsewhere.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3411041463140430/k2311a0411/4.11.11