Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions Color Enhancing Shampoo w/ Liquid Crystals 13oz  » Health  »
  • I have no idea what a “liquid crystal” is supposed to be, and I was skeptical to think that would actually matter– but the attractive packaging of this product caught my attention, and my experience with the brand added to this shampoo’s wonderful fragrance and promises of protecting and enhancing my colored hair sold me
  • It’s not a very expensive shampoo, and as it promised to be gentle to my color-treated and otherwise severely abused hair, I thought it was worth a shot
  • I gave up rationalizing, and just enjoyed using the product for a few weeks

• by reviewabit

I have no idea what a “liquid crystal” is supposed to be, and I was skeptical to think that would actually matter– but the attractive packaging of this product caught my attention, and my experience with the brand added to this shampoo’s wonderful fragrance and promises of protecting and enhancing my colored hair sold me. It’s not a very expensive shampoo, and as it promised to be gentle to my color-treated and otherwise severely abused hair, I thought it was worth a shot. You can’t miss this product on the shelf. It has the most lovely chocolate brown colored bottle, with soft white graphics.

Whoever designed it captured

the essence of a truffle rather than a shampoo– but hey, it certainly got my attention! I love truffles. Fortunately, the shampoo does not smell like chocolate. It has the nice, soft, feminine scent that Pantene is known for.

After having tried several of their new formulas, I felt this one would be a winner. I took home a bottle and tried it out. It makes a nice, creamy rich lather, courtesy of all those wonderful unnatural chemicals we love to hate.

The performance of the shampoo was actually very similar to another Pantene shampoo I tried recently, the “NatureFusion” formula. It has the same great lather, gentle cleaning,

• and detangling and smoothing properties that the brunette formula has. After shampooing and drying my hair, I took a good look in the mirror.

Did my color look any better? Brighter? Enhanced? I couldn’t tell… but perhaps it was too soon. I looked at the bottle again to see if I could figure out how this “liquid crystal” thing is supposed to work. I am still confused.

It states that the liquid crystal technology helps to build a protective layer to protect color treated hair. That’s pretty vague. I gave up rationalizing, and just enjoyed using the product for a few weeks.

Like the NatureFusion

shampoo, after a few weeks, I needed to switch to a clarifying shampoo temporarily to get rid of some buildup. After that it was smooth sailing again. After six weeks or so, I was almost out of the shampoo, and still saw no difference in my color.

Bummer. I guess the liquid crystals weren’t all they were cracked up to be. Aside from the failure to “enhance” my colored hair, the product performed well as a shampoo.

If I were to catch it on sale, I might buy it again, but I would just as likely buy the NatureFusion variety, for as far as I can tell, they perform identically.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3411041463130430/k2311a0411/4.11.11