Kiss My Face Kids 2 in 1 Shampoo & Conditioner 8 oz  » Health  »
1.0
  • I like to use kid’s products, and I also like two in one shampoos
  • I smelled it, and really liked the fresh orange fragrance, so I decided to buy some
  • While it smelled great in my hair, I was a bit disappointed in how well it worked
  • The lather issue, to be fair, was one that I expected because many natural products which don’t contain sodium lauryl sulfate do not lather very well
  • After drying his hair, it had the same static problem, and his normally shiny hair looked flat

• by reviewabit

I like to use kid’s products, and I also like two in one shampoos. I just happened to be browsing in the natural product section of a store one day and came across this product. I smelled it, and really liked the fresh orange fragrance, so I decided to buy some. If I didn’t like it myself, I could let the little boy I babysit use it when he came over.

I tried it out the next morning. While it smelled great in my hair, I was a bit disappointed in how well it worked. It was very thin, and did not lather well.

The lather issue, to be fair, was

one that I expected because many natural products which don’t contain sodium lauryl sulfate do not lather very well. The SLS is the ingredient that makes most mainstream products produce tons of foam. I could have deal with those two things, but it only got worse.

This was supposed to be a shampoo and conditioner in one, but I did not get any conditioning benefits at all from it. My hair tangled immediately upon rinsing the product out, and I was barely able to get it back into a manageable shape after towel drying it. My hair felt clean enough, but it looked very flat and wispy once it was ...

• dry.

The static in it was horrible, and this is not a problem I normally have with shampoos, even the ones without conditioner. I tried the shampoo again the next day and used a separate conditioner after it. This was better, but still the effects were not acceptable.

Using the product made my hair feel dry and brittle, and I just didn’t like it, nice smell or not. I put the product away, with the intention to use it on my neighbor’s son the next time she left him with me. This is exactly what I did.

He really liked the smell and the kid-friendly packaging caught his attention.

With his very young and healthy blonde hair, I figured a shampoo like this would probably work much better than on my old, over processed and damaged hair. I was wrong! Although he did not have any tangles in his short hair, it felt just as dry and unmanageable as mine had.

After drying his hair, it had the same static problem, and his normally shiny hair looked flat. I am so not impressed with this product. If it can ruin the look and feel of perfectly healthy virgin hair of a nine year old, what good is it? I demoted it to hand soap, for which it works fairly well.

I do not recommend this product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3411041463050430/k2311a0411/4.11.11