Macaroni Grill, Pembroke Pines  » Restaurants  »
2.5
13620 Pines Boulevard, Pembroke Pines, FL 33027
  • The Penne Rustica, I was not impressed with

• by Maserati

I occasionally venture out on Tuesdays with a friend of mine to different restaurants. This time, we decided to go to Macaroni grill. I had never been here before, but I knew I had a taste for pasta and didn’t want Olive Garden. I had scanned their menu before I left the house and became very interested. So I arrive at the restaurant around 8:20 and it is noticeably empty. My friend was waiting for me at the bar, which was also empty, even of his bartender, who happened to double as a server…

so we got a table and used the same server. My first impression of the place was that it was very nice and had a lot of potential. The lighting in this place was sort of bad. I’m not sure if Macaroni Grill is going for a romantic atmosphere but it was too dark in there. And I’m in my late 20s, so that’s saying a lot!

It seemed as if our server had more tables than he could manage. It took him a while to even greet us properly. I asked for the ...

• drink menu and he took a while with that as well. We ended up ordering a bottle of Riesling, which it took him around 13 minutes to come back and say they were out of Riesling. The bread, which did not come pre-sliced, came before the drinks and we ordered the White Zinfandel. He was not very knowledgeable of wines and suggested the Pinot Noir. Yuck! When he finally came back around, we just ordered everything at one time because I had an idea of what kind of service I was about to get.
        We had the Calamari and I had the Penne Rustica. The calamari came with more “legs” than rings, which I hate! But it was overall ok. The Penne Rustica, I was not impressed with. It was sort of spicy and needed salt. I finished the shrimp and chicken out of it and asked for a box. We wanted dessert but the server took so long to take our order I just said never mind and politely asked for the check.

Overall, I feel like we received below average service and average dinner. I am not pressed to return.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 711041462700330/k2311a0411/4.11.11