Swanson Hungry Man Boneless Rib Dinner
  • One of the biggest reasons why I like Hungry Man dinners in general is I know I will get my money's worth when it comes to quantity
  • Even though I was definitely starving by the time I ate this dinner, it more than filled me up and left me satisfied all night

• by Review Vigilante

Product Description: Frozen dinner from the Swanson Hungry Man line. Dinner consists of two boneless pork ribs in sauce, mashed potatoes, green beans and a brownie. I bought it last night for about $4.

What I liked about this product: One of the biggest reasons why I like Hungry Man dinners in general is I know I will get my money’s worth when it comes to quantity. And, this particular one was not an exception.

Even though I was definitely starving by the time I ate this dinner, it more than filled me up and left me satisfied all night. I wasn’t starving a couple hours later like with plenty of other meals.

In terms of quality, I have no real complaints (except for a couple I’ll mention in a bit). It was definitely a frozen dinner and not something made from scratch.

But, it was one of the better ...

• frozen dinners I have had too so it was worth the money in that regard as well. What I didn’t like about this dinner: One of my biggest pet peeves when it comes to these dinners is you are supposed to remove the brownie halfway through cooking it.

That is easier said than done and I had a choice between keeping the brownie in the dinner for the full cooking time or having it fall

apart as I was trying to remove it. I choose the former and the brownie ended up being a bit over cooked.

Also, at the full 7 minutes recommended on the box (for a microwave with a higher wattage than mine), the pork ribs also managed to get a bit overcooked. My Final Opinion: The dinner obviously isn’t perfect (most frozen dinners aren’t).

But, it is one of the few dinners I have had that was worth paying a bit more money for.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2711041462690330/k2311a0411/4.11.11