Yamaha HS 50 M Studio Monitor
  • Yamaha HS 50 M Studio Monitor Made on a concept of the all praised NS series, the Yamaha HS 50 really is a decent speaker

• by zlatkor

Yamaha HS 50 M Studio Monitor

Made on a concept of the all praised NS series, the Yamaha HS 50 really is a decent speaker. I use a pair of them as a backup in my studio.

The sound is with a bit more punch, and a huge bass reflex effect.

It’s not muddy but there is a bit of color in some sections, but that’s nothing serious as some other monitors go.

The speaker

has a nice exterior, trademark white cones and a nicely shaped tweeter fit with each other nicely. Some people even put them horizontally in their studios which is not very common for a near field monitor.

My only objection is that the bass hole is on the back of the speaker, not the front like Adam or Krk. When my friends come over, they always notice the speakers first of all the items ...

• in the studio.

I remember i was very satisfied when i first heard them playing, they sounded pretty nice and neutral. Crisp sound, nice bass…a very nice piece of equipment for sure.And it’s pretty loud for such a small box. If you have a bit more money for a 5″ speaker go with Adam audio, if not, Yamaha’s HS 50M or HS 80m are a good choice.

I have a room 3×4 and they

are strong enough for it even though the room is 3 meters in height. I Combined them with my sub woofer and the system is more than good for my studio needs.

Specifications are to be expected from a 5″ speaker.

55HZ - 20 KHZ 70 watt Bi - amplified switches for EQ, high trim, and room settings… 70 watt

So we can conclude, not the best set of speakers, but for that price, they bang pretty good and do their job adequately.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1611041462650330/k2311a0411/4.11.11