KFC Halo-Halo Krush
KFC Farmers Plaza, Cubao, Quezon City, Philippines
  • I also work for the food industry business and I consider each food establishment around the globe must be like brothers and sisters working hand in hand in providing ultimate food quality and costumer satisfaction
  • I know that it is there though I saw the server place a chunk of it there
  • I was more disappointed when it tasted more like a milk shake than a real Halo-Halo snack (or dessert)

• by Cristine

I also work for the food industry business and I consider each food establishment around the globe must be like brothers and sisters working hand in hand in providing ultimate food quality and costumer satisfaction. My job requires me to work with the technical aspect of food items served in the restaurant. I also have the chance to attend product shoots and commercial runs and I truly believe that there’s truth in advertising. A costumer relies on what he first sees; if he finds the product eye-catching and delicious-looking by seeing the marketing collaterals then he convinces himself to buy it. It is important to make the product attractive on screen and on print but above all it has to be real.

Kentucky Fried Chicken or more people call it KFC,

one of the leaders in the quick-serve restaurant business, added two variants to their growing product line: Krushers. I myself love KFC and as for Krushers I haven’t fallen out of love with the Mango Mania Krushers. I dropped by a KFC store and wanted a cool drink; I decided to try the Halo-Halo Krush. Halo by the way is a Filipino word for mix. The food is named Halo-Halo because it pertains to the joy of mixing. It is made of sugar, sweetened purple yam, custard, gelatin, silky coconut, jackfruit, banana-like plantain, corn, sago pearls and mung beans topped with ice and poured with milk. KFC’s version uses sweetened purple yam, silky coconut, gelatin and custard poured on their icy milk shake and then they gave it a quick ...

• spin in the cup to crush the solids and mix it into the milk shake. After paying my order I waited in line for my drink to be served. I kept on looking from time to time at the poster then to the server preparing my order and then back again at the poster. I anticipated seeing my drink; it was so yummy-looking at the poster.

When the server handed me my Halo-Halo Krush I looked again at the poster to make sure that my eyes didn’t deceive me. The actual product looked so different from what is being advertised. What I received is colored off-white with tiny bits of purple yum, silky coconut and gelatin. I tried to find the custard but I didn’t see it. I know that it is

there though I saw the server place a chunk of it there. The poster showed a purple shake with big chunks of custard, purple yam and bits of silky coconut and a speck of green gelatin. It looked so attractive that I felt and I was cheated. The actual product did not look an inch like the one in the picture. I was more disappointed when it tasted more like a milk shake than a real Halo-Halo snack (or dessert). After what happened, I will not say anything about what comes into my mind when I hear KFC. I will just finish this review with this statement: Everybody working for the food industry business must show honesty towards their costumers for these people must receive a fair share for the money they’ve spent.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2711041462630330/k2311a0411/4.11.11