Bruno Mars (musician)
2.0
  • I’ve heard guys telling me that so many times, and I know for a fact that most of them weren’t serious about it and only wanted one thing
  • Nevertheless, I still recommend the music of Bruno Mars nevertheless to hip hop and R&B fans because a lot of them seem to appreciate his music

• by Redtape

I have put off writing about the musician Bruno Mars for so long, but after reading one or two reviews on Reviewstream.com about his music and how the reviewers thought he was such a great musician, I decided that I might as well give my input. Let me begin by saying I find his songs annoying and immature, for a number of reasons, three of which I will elaborate on later; but of course, people’s tastes differ so I hold nothing against his fans.

Bruno Mars is an American musician who I only began to hear about maybe a year ago or maybe more; but this

was after he was featured in the popular song “Nothin’ on you” or “Beautiful Girls” which was the title by which I knew it as at the time. While I don’t listen to hip hop or R&B music, I also could not help noticing he also released a few more popular songs after “Nothin’ on You” topped the charts, since I could hear the songs playing so much wherever I went. Two of these songs were “Just the Way You Are”and “Grenade” and he was also featured in the song “Billionaire”.

The main reason why I find his songs so annoying and immature are because of ...

• the lyrics in them. I find a lot of his lyrics to be very cliché, unoriginal and unimpressive, like the most overused pickup lines I’ve heard from a thousand guys a million times over. One perfect example of this is the song “Nothin’ on You”, even though I guess Mars’ fans might argue that he probably didn’t write the lyrics. However, he’s pretty much saying in his part that the girl is the most beautiful girl in the world and no other girl can come close to her or even compare. I’ve heard guys telling me that so many times, and I know for a fact
        that most of them weren’t serious about it and only wanted one thing.

I also don’t think he’s very original since I’m yet to hear a song that he doesn’t sing about girls, love or heartbreak.

The only thing that I can truly say about this artiste is that he proves my point that there doesn’t seem to be much original about modern music. I feel as if I’ve heard it all, and it amazes me that most people would crave his music.

Nevertheless, I still recommend the music of Bruno Mars nevertheless to hip hop and R&B fans because a lot of them seem to appreciate his music.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 148041462081230/k2311a048/4.8.11