Silk Elements Megasilk Olive Shampoo  » Health  »
  • I paid about $6 for this shampoo from a local Sally Beauty Supply
  • In my opinion, I find that cosmetic products that contain olive oil tend to be less harsh and more moisturizing to my naturally dry hair
  • Overall, I like this shampoo although I am not quite sure if I will be purchasing it again
  • I have used olive oil alone in my hair as well as added it to shampoos and conditioners that I found to be too drying
  • It definitely leaves the hair feeling soft and moisturized and it only takes a small amount of the product in order to throughly cleanse the scalp and hair

• by Simply_Fabulous

I paid about $6 for this shampoo from a local Sally Beauty Supply. Although I was not necessarily looking to purchase a new bottle of shampoo at the time, I still decided to purchase this product mostly because I am a huge fan of using olive oil in my hair. In my opinion, I find that cosmetic products that contain olive oil tend to be less harsh and more moisturizing to my naturally dry hair. Overall, I like this shampoo although I am not quite sure if I will be purchasing it again.

For anyone who

is unfamiliar with using olive oil in the hair, it is an ingredient that naturally seals in moisture without being too heavy or oily. I have used olive oil alone in my hair as well as added it to shampoos and conditioners that I found to be too drying. This shampoo promises to replenish dull and lifeless hair by depositing shine.

Normally I dread using shampoo in my hair since it normally leaves my hair feeling stripped despite how moisturizing it is intended to be. However, this shampoo is amazing because it makes my hair so ...

• much easier to style. It generates a very rich lather and I also love the fact that it contains protein in addition to the olive oil. I have chemically free African American hair that sometimes can be sensitive to protein. I use this product once a week to shampoo my hair and so far I have not noticed any side effects such as this product making my hair hard or brittle.

Based on my experience, I would recommend this product to other women, especially if your hair is dry, color treated, or damaged. It definitely

leaves the hair feeling soft and moisturized and it only takes a small amount of the product in order to throughly cleanse the scalp and hair. I plan on trying the conditioner in this line to see how well it will work.

I would rate this product a 10 out of 10. There is nothing that I would change about it. This shampoo smells wonderful and more importantly it is effective while being a great deal for the price. I honestly believe that it compares to the quality of salon products.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 348041462001230/k2311a048/4.8.11