Eat Pray Love movie  » Movies  »
2.5
  • I love the line God dwells within you - as you

• by WriterInMe

My husband would call this a definite “Chick” flick. No action, no thrills, just relationships and love. My feminist “hackles” go up when he says that and I feel slightly guilty to admit that I “kinda” liked this movie.

It’s not a new story - an unhappy woman gets divorced and travels the world to find herself. It reminds me of a similar movie called “Under the Tuscan Sun” and I liked that one too. So why do I like it? Well….

The scenery is

gorgeous. Julia Roberts travels to Rome (Eat), India (Pray), and Bali (Love). I cannot go to those places so I immerse myself in the scenery and pretend that I am there too. I have traveled - been to London, Paris, and Rome. I have found that traveling via a featured film is more romantic and peaceful than actually going there.

Julia Roberts is so easy to watch. Her confusion and pain tugs at my heart. She loves to laugh, and so do I. I want to be ...

• her friend.

Javier Bardem is a very sexy man. I’m not sure what it is about him. At first sight, he is not a handsome man in a traditional sense. He is big and bulky with a nose that looks like it has been broken a few times. Maybe it’s his voice..or his eyes…or the sense that he could take care and protect me…and yet can be playful and childlike. Another thing to fantasize about (sighhhhh).

“Eat Pray Love” - is a appropriate title. Julia eats, prays, and

loves until she gets to the point of accepting herself. Actually when it comes to dealing with stress, I do the same thing. When faced with a difficult situation, I eat to comfort myself…then I pray (or argue or plead) with God…and eventually I find my balance, accept myself or the situation and Love where I am at. I love the line “God dwells within you - as you.” Eat, pray, love - that about sums up my life.

This is not a great movie, but it is an enjoyable one.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 118041461931230/k2311a048/4.8.11