Law & Order Criminal Intent TV Episode: Great Barrier
  • But, if I were the one sitting in that room, I honestly wouldn't be able to figure out what point was being made and, as a result, I think they should have cut that out

• by Review Vigilante

Synopsis: Goren and Eames track down a young jewel thief and realize that she is being mentored by Goren’s arch nemesis Nicole. What I like about this episode: One of the reasons I hated Nicole’s final episode (which has her murdered early on in the episode and off camera) is she is such a great character and her death was a major tragedy; despite the fact she is a bad guy.

And, this episode is a perfect example of that.

She is mentoring a criminal but manages to keep herself away from any potential accusations and, in the mean time, nearly succeeds in killing her ex-husband in a way that would be considered an accident.

In other words, she’s as brilliant as a killer as you are going to come across.

I also like the fact that the episode reveals a bit more about her past, including the fact she mothered a daughter and might have murdered the 3-year-old before ...

• fleeing Australia.

That’s depth you don’t normally see when it comes to characters like this.

What I didn’t like about the episode: Well, for one, I am very curious why she decided to start another crime spree in New York.

Why not move to another city where she isn’t known? It seems like something an intelligent criminal would do.

Also, that part where Goren shows her accomplice a video of one of his interviews with Nicole really didn’t make a

whole lot of sense to me.

It gave us a reminder of a previous episode.

But, if I were the one sitting in that room, I honestly wouldn’t be able to figure out what point was being made and, as a result, I think they should have cut that out.

My Final Opinion: Just because it has Nicole in it makes this episode worth watching; at least if you watch the series enough to have an understanding about who she is so you aren’t completely lost.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 108041461871230/k2311a048/4.8.11