Turtle beach x41 surround sound headphones  » Electronics  »
  • They block out all other sound and really immerse me in the story of single player games and improve the experience immensely
  • The only issue I have with them is that cell phones and certain electronics will cause hiccups in the sound from time to time if they are really close
  • Its easy to understand them because all outside noise is eliminated and I can really focus on the game and coordinating with them to get the best results
  • All and all I love these headphones and would highly recommend them to anyone who enjoys playing video games to get the most from them

• by thegooch52

I have owned the turtle beach x41 headphones for a couple months now. I use them with my xbox 360 and and feel I have enough information for a good and honest review. I will review the headphones based on certain criteria.

What comes with it.

These headphones come with everything you need to play on xbox live. They have the digital cable that plugs into the back of your xbox and it goes to the wireless receiver that sends the sound to your headphones.

The also come with a chat cable that plugs into your controller and your headphones so that you can regulate chat volumes on the go.

Comfort.

These headphones are very comfortable. I’ve played up to 6 hours with no problems, however I have had a couple marathon 10+ hour sessions and my ears where slightly red and sore to touch for a few minutes after I quit playing, but that was the only time I’ve had any issues with them. On a normal basis, I can barely even feel them on my head, and they do not even bother my glasses.

Sound.

Here is where these headphones really earn their keep. I play a lot of first person shooters and I could actually pinpoint the exact location of anything in my vicinity making noise while wearing these. I’m so confident in them, that I actually can shoot through walls for kills, because I heard my enemies running on the other side. I’m very aware of my surroundings ...

• Turtle beach x41 surround sound headphones
      with these headphones and my game has improved because of it. These headphones do not just shine in multiplayer games, however. They block out all other sound and really immerse me in the story of single player games and improve the experience immensely. The only issue I have with them is that cell phones and certain electronics will cause hiccups in the sound from time to time if they are really close.

Voice chat.

These headphones also allow me to chat with

my friends with clarity. Its easy to understand them because all outside noise is eliminated and I can really focus on the game and coordinating with them to get the best results.

Summary.

All and all I love these headphones and would highly recommend them to anyone who enjoys playing video games to get the most from them. Be prepared to buy batteries in bulk though because these bad boys eat AAA batteries like its going out of style!

Pros:

comfortable superior sound quality voice chat

cons:

occasional electronic interference goes through batteries quickly

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 168041461561130/k2311a048/4.8.11