Pampa and Special K Cereal Bars  » Food  »
  • So I thought we’d try cereal bars to prevent being late for appointments or just a quick snack
  • I found two that are relatively good with the biggest difference being the prices of the two brands
  • The price was favorable so I decided to pick up a couple boxes for my youngest daughter as a quick snack or breakfast since she had an upset stomach
  • I was a bit disappointed that there was not more than one flavor available at that particular store once I figured out that my youngest adored them
  • The Special K bars are about the same size as the Pampa bars but they cost more because of the name brand

• by blondefreelancer

I’m always looking for low priced groceries that my family will actually eat. I also look for convenience items to keep on hand because of our busy schedules during the day. So I thought we’d try cereal bars to prevent being late for appointments or just a quick snack. I found two that are relatively good with the biggest difference being the prices of the two brands. The brands are Pampa and Special

K.

Pampa Cereal Bars (chocolate flavored) are only $1.50 for a box of six 0.7ounce bars at the WRC Market near my home. The price was favorable so I decided to pick up a couple boxes for my youngest daughter as a quick snack or breakfast since she had an upset stomach. I must say I am rather pleased with them.

My four year old is a bit of a picky eater so the ...

• fact that she not only ate a whole bar but immediately asked for a second one says a lot. I was a bit disappointed that there was not more than one flavor available at that particular store once I figured out that my youngest adored them.

A few weeks ago at my daughter had specifically asked me for Special K Strawberry flavored cereal bars. I reluctantly purchased them because they were $2.50 for

a box of six. The Special K bars are about the same size as the Pampa bars but they cost more because of the name brand.

I have to give both bars a 10 for quality, and the fact that the prices are accurate for what they are based on one being a lesser known brand. I will continue to buy both depending on which one is available and how tight my budget is.

Candace says :

I was at Walmart and was starving and wanted a snack so I decided to try the strawberry grain bars..got to the car after I paid and took a bite and thought I would puke. These things were so hard and just gross. They had no flavor and I just took a couple more bites thinking it was me but I was wrong. It was the bar. Nasty and I will never buy again.

blondefreelancer replies :

Could it have just been a bad box? I know my daughter’s tastes are off but I didn’t think they were that off. It makes me wonder now, I’ll have to check them out again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 277041461260530/k2311a047/4.7.11