Jimmy D’s Pancake Griddles  » Food  »
2.0
  • A pack of four sausage griddles from Jimmy D (Jimmy Dean) that I found on sale for around $4 on Saturday
  • I thought one would be enough but I wound up having to eat two of them just to have a satisfying breakfast
  • But, I really don't think they were worth the money and would not recommend buying them unless you can find them for considerably cheaper than I did

• by Review Vigilante

Product Description: A pack of four sausage griddles from Jimmy D (Jimmy Dean) that I found on sale for around $4 on Saturday. The griddles consist of a turkey sausage patty in between two maple flavored pancakes.

What I liked about this product: My wife and I will occasionally buy a McGriddle from McDonalds.

This product is

essentially the same thing but it is slightly cheaper.

And, more importantly, the pancake griddles are a little larger in size so we are getting more for our money (or so I thought; as you’ll find out in a bit).

What I didn’t like about this product: For one, the description on the box doesn’t even come close to describing the contents inside.

The so-called maple flavored pancakes taste nothing like maple syrup and the turkey sausage is also kind of tasteless.

I was expecting some sort of seasoning on it but that just wasn’t the case.

It was very bland instead (my wife even suggested adding cheese to it just to give it ...

• Jimmy D's Pancake Griddles
      some sort of flavor while I gave consideration to putting bacon on it).

Also, unlike the McDonalds version, the pancakes come out soggy rather than crisp (as though they were actually made on a griddle); mostly because you heat these up in your microwave.

Another thing I discovered about these is they aren’t very filling.

I thought

one would be enough but I wound up having to eat two of them just to have a satisfying breakfast.

My Final Opinion: They might be somewhat affordable when compared to the fast food version of this product.

But, I really don’t think they were worth the money and would not recommend buying them unless you can find them for considerably cheaper than I did.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 277041461180530/k2311a047/4.7.11