Olay Total Effects Night Firming Cream  » Cosmetics  »
  • First off, I was a little disappointed that it came in a tub with a screw top
  • Firstly, I think that you can more easily control how much cream you dispense when you pump it out on to your hand
  • The second reason I prefer a pump nozzle is from a hygiene point of view
  • You can definitely buy cheaper, and I have certainly bought more expensive creams, so on the whole, do not have a problem with the price I love the fragrance of the cream
  • Bottom line – this is a night cream I highly recommend

• by gecko

Olay Total Effects Night Firming Cream

Having been using the Total Effects Daily Moisturizer with SPF 15, I wanted a good moisturizer to use overnight that would complement my morning routine. I used to use an Olay serum, but when I came to repurchase, I couldn’t find it so decided to try the Olay Total Effects Night Firming Cream instead.

First off, I was a little disappointed that it came in a tub with a screw top. My personal preference is always for a container with a pump nozzle for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I think that you can more easily control how much cream you dispense when you pump it out on to your hand. You can also

more easily achieve the same amount of cream each time, for example always squeezing one pump of cream, will usually dispense the same amount each time you do so. By having a tub, I am finding that I am scooping my finger in to the tub to get the cream, and sometimes I am getting too little, other times much too much.

The second reason I prefer a pump nozzle is from a hygiene point of view. I feel that if you pump cream on to your hand, you are not instantly contaminating the rest of the cream with any germs that might be on your fingers. I always try to make sure my hands are clean, but still would prefer not to be sticking my fingers into the remaining cream in the tub.

On the positive side, notwithstanding my preferences, I do acknowledge and like the fact that a tub uses less packaging than a bottle with pump dispenser, which in turn is much better for the environment. For that reason, I do not knock off any points because of my subjective preferences.

In terms of price, I would say it is mid ranged at about $17 to $20 depending on where you buy it. You can definitely buy cheaper, and I have certainly bought more expensive creams, so on the whole, do not have a problem with the price

I love the fragrance of the cream. I notice in the ...

• Olay Total Effects Night Firming Cream
      evening that after I apply the cream to my face, it has a really nice delicate fragrance, almost floral, but not in an overpowering way. I actually find that the fragrance is quite calming and sets a good tone before going to bed.

The cream is white and thick in its consistency. I find that I really do not need very much to cover my whole face and neck, and usually try to scoop out about a pea sized amount of cream. It goes on to my face really easily. Notwithstanding that it is a thick cream, it glides over my skin with no effort at all, and seems to be absorbed into my skin effortlessly.

One really good thing

is that because the cream is absorbed so well, my skin has no trace of greasiness or residue afterwards. In fact, my skin feels really soft and well hydrated instantly.

This would be enough to recommend the cream in itself, however, what really seals it for me is the ongoing effects. I have noticed my skin is so much softer and in better condition than before I started using the night cream. I think it is doing a really good job of keeping my skin hydrated overnight and helping my skin to renew itself.

Bottom line – this is a night cream I highly recommend. I think it does a much better job than the more expensive cream that I used to buy.

Olay Total Effects Night Firming Cream

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 317041461060430/k2311a047/4.7.11