St Ives Apricot Scrub Blackhead and Blemish Control  » Cosmetics  »
  • I try to gently massage my face for a while, and tend to avoid the eye area, focusing more on my cheeks, chin, nose and forehead
  • I love this scrub and feel it has helped my face a huge amount

• by gecko

I have been pretty lucky for most of my life having clear and unproblematic skin. However, all of a sudden, my face went completely downhill with breakouts, irritation and aggravated patches. I tried a lot of different things which didn’t work, but came across the St Ives Apricot Scrub Blackhead and Blemish Control.

I absolutely love this scrub. The scrub comes in tubes of 6oz and is under $4 in the grocery store. You only need a small amount so the tube lasts a long time. I keep this in the shower, and use it every day.

The scrub is a light brown in color, and has a very obvious scrub texture. Unlike

some scrubs which contain micro beads or small particles that don’t really feel as if they are doing anything, this one has obvious pieces in it, you can tell it really is a scrub. It also contains salicylic acid to help with breakout control.

The smell is great. It is light but has a slightly woody fragrance. As I apply it to my face, I find the smell to be very natural and soothing, but notice that the smell vanishes as soon as you rinse off your face.

I massage the scrub into my face after moistening the skin on my face. I try to gently massage my face for a while, and tend to ...

• avoid the eye area, focusing more on my cheeks, chin, nose and forehead. Even though the pieces in the scrub feel larger, they do not feel at all harsh on my face. I can easily massage this scrub on my face without any kind of discomfort or irritation.

What I immediately notice is that my skin feels great as soon as I rinse off the scrub. My face feels clean and soft and really refreshed. It really feels as if the scrub is cleansing my pores and effectively removing all oil and dirt from my face. Added to which, this is exfoliating my face, but in a completely gentle way.

The condition of my

skin has improved exponentially. I love this scrub and feel it has helped my face a huge amount. My skin is in better condition and also scarring has faded quickly, and the overall tone of my skin has been evening out.

I also love the fact that I can use this scrub every day with no harsh side effects. Even though there is salicylic acid in the scrub, it is not at all drying or irritating. It is just a really good daily exfoliator that I absolutely love.

Also, the price. At under $4, this is really great value. St Ives gets a full 10 out of 10 for this product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 316041460900430/k2311a046/4.6.11