Clarins Multi Active Day Cream for Dry Skin
1.0
  • I thought I was buying the all skin types cream and found when I got home that it was for dry skin
  • There are so many other brands on the market for less cost
  • I also noticed this difference when I put it on my face
  • Finally, I prefer a daily cream to have some sort of SPF protection

• by gecko

I used to us the Clarins Multi Active Day Cream for all skin types. Due to a mistake when buying, I ended up trying the Clarins Multi Active Day Cream for dry skin. I thought I was buying the all skin types cream and found when I got home that it was for dry skin. Thinking there would not be much difference, and because I had run out of cream, I kept the dry skin formulation. I really wish I hadn’t.

The cream comes in a glass tub and is 1.7oz in size, about 50ml. In terms of price, to me, it is expensive. Depending on where you buy it,

it costs between $50 and $70 dollars. There are so many other brands on the market for less cost!

Like many of the Clarins products, this cream has a nice smell. It is not as light and fresh as the main daily cream for all skin types, I guess I would describe it as fresh but with a slightly heavier scent, perhaps slightly more floral than refreshing.

This particular cream is a very thick heavy feeling white cream. Unlike other lotions or other daily face creams, this one felt much denser and more solid. I also noticed this difference when I put it on my face. It was much harder to rub into my ...

• face and did not feel as if it was being absorbed into the skin as easily as other lotions and creams. To a certain extent, I almost felt as if the cream was sitting on top of the surface of my skin, rather than being absorbed into it.

My face did feel moisturized, but not in a good way. I felt that there was too much residue left on my face, and that my skin was feeling weighed down by the cream. It almost felt like I was wearing heavy makeup, rather than a light moisturizer.

Something else which did not suit me was that, for some reason my face broke out as a result of

using this cream. I usually don’t have problems with Clarins products, but for some reason this one just really did not suit my skin type.

Finally, I prefer a daily cream to have some sort of SPF protection. Whereas I can buy a really good cream that both moisturizes and protects from the sun in one product, this one does not have any kind of sun protection at all. This means that I would then have to apply another protecting product on top of the cream, adding the feeling of even more stuff on my face.

For me, this cream did not suit me at all. It is expensive and way too heavy for my skin type.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 316041460890430/k2311a046/4.6.11