Clarins One Step Facial Cleanser  » Cosmetics  »
  • As a cleanser to “sweep up”, if I am using another method of cleansing and feel that certain makeup has not come off, for example, I will use the Clarins facial cleanser to clean any problem areas or difficult to remove makeup
  • It definitely smells of oranges, but does so in quite a subtle way
  • Also, another thing I like is that the cleanser is so gentle and soft
  • I have had no irritation from this cleanser whatsoever, and I think it would work well for all skin types, including the most sensitive skin

• by gecko

The Clarins One Step Facial Cleanser comes in a 6.8 oz bottle and costs about $30 depending on where you buy it. So for starters, this is a reasonably expensive cleanser in comparison to what you can pick up in a drugstore. The liquid at first glance is separated in the bottle and is clearly a mix of oil and other liquid. It needs to be shaken well before using it.

I have used this both as a stand-alone cleanser and also as a “sweep up” kind of cleanser. As a stand-alone cleanser, I will use this as follows. After shaking the bottle well, I put some on a cotton pad and use it to wipe my face all over. I find that to clean my face properly, I need a fair amount of liquid

on the cotton pad, changing the cotton pad a few times to clean my face thoroughly.

In this way of using it, it does a very good job. I find that the cleanser lifts all the dirt and makeup off my face easily and leaves my face feeling clean afterwards. You can see everything that it is removing on the cotton pad, and therefore can tell once the face is clean because nothing further is showing up.

As a cleanser to “sweep up”, if I am using another method of cleansing and feel that certain makeup has not come off, for example, I will use the Clarins facial cleanser to clean any problem areas or difficult to remove makeup. Again, this cleanser does an excellent job for this as well.

The cleanser has a really nice fragrance. It definitely ...

• smells of oranges, but does so in quite a subtle way. The effect is that you feel like it is a refreshing scent while you are cleansing, and the scent does not linger after you are finished.

Because this is an oil based cleanser, it does leave a residue on the face. On the one hand, I do fell like my face is being moisturized as I am cleansing, and my skin feels soft after I am finished. On the other hand, however, I also feel like there is a slight layer of oil on my face after I am finished that I would prefer was not there.

A huge advantage of this cleanser is its ease at removing waterproof makeup. It literally powers through the makeup as if it wasn’t there, and you can tell after one

swipe that that area of you face is clean. As a result, there is no scrubbing needed or multiple swipes of the cotton pad needed. It simply seems to dissolve the makeup with ease.

Also, another thing I like is that the cleanser is so gentle and soft. I have had no irritation from this cleanser whatsoever, and I think it would work well for all skin types, including the most sensitive skin. It is extremely gentle around the eyes, and I find I don’t have any problems with stinging or irritation, even if it gets into my eyes.

Bottom line, I think this is a great cleanser for use either by itself or as a supplement. However, I do think it is expensive, and perhaps not as good value for money as it could be.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 316041460870430/k2311a046/4.6.11