Olay Total Effects Age Defying Wet Cleansing Cloths in a pack of 30
2.5
  • I have to say I was a little disappointed with these cleansing cloths
  • I bought them, because I use other products in the Olay Total Effects range, and I was looking for a decent cleansing cloth to use that would support the other products I use
  • I found that after using only about 5 cloths, the re-sealable flap was already starting to lose its stickiness, and unless I put something on top of the packet to hold the flap down, I would find that the flap had started to curl up by the morning, exposing the cloths to the air and to drying out
  • Since I have not had the same problem with other packets of cleansing cloths, I was surprised that this happened with this packet
  • Even when trying to be very careful around the eye area, if the slightest bit got into my eye, my eye started watering and stinging and was an unpleasant experience

• by gecko

I have to say I was a little disappointed with these cleansing cloths. I bought them, because I use other products in the Olay Total Effects range, and I was looking for a decent cleansing cloth to use that would support the other products I use.

The Age Defying Wet Cloths come in a pack of 30 cloths. The pack itself is of flimsy plastic, very similar to many other cleansing cloths on the market and has a re-sealable flap on the top of the packet. For starters, the re-sealable flap does not re-seal for very long. I found that after using only about 5 cloths, the re-sealable flap was already starting to lose its stickiness, and unless I put something on top of the packet to hold the flap down, I would find that the flap had started

to curl up by the morning, exposing the cloths to the air and to drying out. Since I have not had the same problem with other packets of cleansing cloths, I was surprised that this happened with this packet.

In comparison to other brands of cleansing cloth, including cloths in the Olay range as well, these are more expensive. For 30 cloths, I think I paid about $7 or $8. So they are not hugely expensive, but more so than other cloths I have bought.

I found the cloths themselves to be very moist – in a good sense. They were suitably wet to feel as if they were cleansing my face. The cloths themselves are soft, and at no point did I feel like they were scratching my face or pulling at my face in any way.

• It simply felt like a wet cloth gliding over my face. I you are someone looking for some kind of scrubbing action or exfoliation, these cloths are probably not the ones, as it felt more like a gentle cleansing action.

I did not mind the fragrance of the cloths. It is reasonably mild smelling and unobtrusive, and once used, I cannot detect the fragrance lingering.

OK, so these are all the things I don’t mind about the product. There are some things that for me were definite negatives. The Total Effects range prides itself on younger looking skin and the fact that their products do 7 things in 1. I did not feel like my skin was noticeably different after using an entire packet of these cloths. Yes they were wet and moisturizing, but if anything they left

a bit of a sticky residue on my face that I did not particularly care for.

Whilst they removed a lot of makeup, they struggled to remove all of it. I had particular difficulty with eye makeup and waterproof makeup. At most it smeared it a bit, but I had to go back in with a different makeup remover to finish the job which defeated the purpose of buying these. For the price, they should remove everything.

I do not have particularly sensitive skin, but these left my eyes stinging. Even when trying to be very careful around the eye area, if the slightest bit got into my eye, my eye started watering and stinging and was an unpleasant experience.

In all, I would not and have not repurchased these cleansing cloths. There are much better ones on the market for less money.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 316041460840430/k2311a046/4.6.11