BB&T (Branch Bank and Trust) Banking Services in Middletown, MD
819 East Main Street Middletown, MD 21769-7722 (301) 371-8860
  • I think he could tell that I was nervous and a little worried about it
  • As of now, my bank knows when I am going abroad and I know the best way to use my money abroad without racking up too many charges for using ATMs
  • Something silly and not particularly imperative that I like about BB&T are its card and check designs
  • It’s not particularly important, but I love it all the same
  • If you are living in the area and looking for a good banking service, I would highly recommend checking out BB&T

• by Alanna Rosewood

BB&T Banking Services, Middletown, MD

819 East Main Street Middletown, MD 21769-7722 (301) 371-8860

I have been using BB&T (Branch Bank and Trust) banking services since I was old enough to have a checking account. The branch I use in particular is located in Middletown, MD, even though I now only live there in the summers. I use this bank for various purposes, the most important being for my primary checking account.

I have never had any problems with BB&T. I am an extremely busy person, and because of bills, work and school I constantly have to check my accounts and move money between my checking account and my saving account, which is with another bank. BB&T makes my life so much easier by conducting transactions promptly and efficiently, transferring money from my accounts within the same bank almost instantly. I can even connect my savings account with another bank to my BB&T checking account and easily transfer money back and forth with a wait period of only 2 or 3 days. What’s even better is that I can do all of this online if I want, or I can do it in person if I feel the need. I generally do everything online because it is so fast and easy; I can check my

account balance so fast I can hardly blink. If any problems do occur, they are usually either my fault or the fault of another party (for instance, double billing from a restaurant, etc.). Any problems like this that do occur, which are rare, are easily resolved by the friendly customer service agents who are always polite and helpful. I lost my debit card once when I was 17, and started freaking out because I was afraid of what would happen. I called the bank and they of course immediately canceled my card. To my pleasant surprise, they sent me a new card within 3 days. I was expecting to be cardless for a couple of weeks at least! This bank is so customer oriented that most of them know my face when I come to deposit my paycheck, as is the same with many other regular customers. I just love the atmosphere and the feeling of trust and reliability between the BB&T and its employees and customers.

What makes me extremely happy is their consideration for students. They do not provide student loans, but they do have special policies that make our lives much easier. I do not have to keep any money in my checking account if I do not want to and ...

• I will not be charged for it, which is quite the relief when the time to pay the bills comes around. I also can keep my account attached to my parents account for several more years, which helps my parents and I a lot because we transfer money to each other constantly depending on who is paying for what and who can do it with the least amount of hassle. I have looked into the policies of other banks in the area and none are quite as flexible as BB&T and none of them suit my needs as a college student quite as well as they do.

BB&T is also extremely helpful when it comes to understanding its policies. I am going abroad for several weeks this summer, which I have never done before, so I was concerned and slightly confused as to what I would need to do to ensure that I would have access to my money while away. I called up the BB&T customer service and asked what the general procedures were. Not only did the man I talk to answer my questions, but he told me everything else I would need to know about having access to my money abroad. I think he could tell that I was nervous and

a little worried about it. As of now, my bank knows when I am going abroad and I know the best way to use my money abroad without racking up too many charges for using ATMs.

Something silly and not particularly imperative that I like about BB&T are its card and check designs. Let’s be honest, we all love having pretty debit and credit cards, and we all like fun checks designs too. It always brightens my day to pull out my checkbook and write out a check on my Winnie the Pooh designs (yes, I have them, and I feel no shame in loving them!). It’s not particularly important, but I love it all the same!

All in all, this is one of the best banking services I have ever used, and the Middletown branch is especially wonderful. Middletown is relatively small, so the employees build something of personal relationship with the customers. This allows them to be more helpful when there are problems and keeps communication much more open. I think the only reason I would ever even consider switching banks is if I moved to an area without a branch nearby and had no choice. If you are living in the area and looking for a good banking service, I would highly recommend checking out BB&T.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 425041460560430/k2311a045/4.5.11