Veet Ready-To-Use Wax Strips
3.8
  • On a recent shopping trip to Duane Reader, I decided to pick up a very reasonably priced packet of Veet Ready-to-Use Facial wax strips to try on my eyebrows and upper lip
  • Moving on to the eyebrows, I met with a bit more of an issue
  • The wax is surrounded by a good amount of non-waxy strip material, which does not pose a problem when doing an area that has isolated hair, such as the upper lip, however when you are doing your eyebrows and are targeting only some of the hair while hoping to preserve the rest, maneuvering the strip becomes much more difficult
  • Overall, this product is definitely worth its cost

• by Agoobacha

With summer being just around the corner, I wanted to experiment with some wax options that did not include a trip to the salon. Whenever I have tried the at home waxing method before it has been a complete disaster, setting me off from trying again for at least a couple of years after, however recently I had the urge to give it another shot. Veet has great advertising and packaging, making the process look somehow inviting and even fun. On a recent shopping trip to Duane Reader, I decided to pick up a very reasonably priced

packet of Veet Ready-to-Use Facial wax strips to try on my eyebrows and upper lip.

The process is quite simple, you rub the little strip of wax between your palms for several seconds to warm up the wax, then separate the strips, apply, and rip off, hopefully taking only hair and no skin along with the wax. There were twenty strips in the package, which is more than enough to last you a good long while as each strip is reusable for at least two or three times. I followed the directions exactly as written, and was

surprised to see that this product actually did deliver. Waxing my upper lip first, I quickly and fairly easily got rid of the peach fuzz that was plaguing me.

Moving on to the eyebrows, I met with a bit more of an issue. The wax is surrounded by a good amount of non-waxy strip material, which does not pose a problem when doing an area that has isolated hair, such as the upper lip, however when you are doing your eyebrows and are targeting only some of the hair while hoping to preserve the rest, maneuvering the ...

• Veet Ready-To-Use Wax Strips
      strip becomes much more difficult. Since the strip itself is not clear, I could not see where the wax was being placed and how much of my eyebrow it was going to take off. Because of this I was not able to do my eyebrow fully and only completed the top part, with great effort.

My other complaint is the ratio of wipes to strips. As I said, twenty strips is plenty for a prolonged period of use, probably several months. However, there are only about five wipes in the package. This makes no sense because ideally

you will be using the strips much more than just five times, and should have the wipes available each time you do. The wax is extremely sticky, as of course it should be, and cannot be simply washed off; you need the wipes!

Overall, this product is definitely worth its cost. Considering that a single lip or eyebrow wax is no less than $6, and these cost under $5, you are certainly getting a deal. Correct maneuvering may take some getting used to but of course that is just part of the process and can eventually be mastered.

Sayli Sawant says :

re : Overall, this product is definitely worth its cost
True that. But sometimes it s irritating. Because of the small size and less area with wax. It s a waste if you haven t done waxing for a long time and hair has grown.

Vrinda Chauhan says :

I don’t know why but after using these strips on my armpits, it seemed like my underarms darkened. I guess it just simply didn’t suit my skin type or the wax was too strong for my skin.

Galega says :

It is observed that if you use hair remover cream for fairly long duration, then the skin will slowly get darkened. That is a big disadvantage with hair remover cream. It doesn’t happen with waxing or wax strip, and it is a positive impact of using wax strip.

Unfortunately, you are reporting completely different result. That’s rare. Ensure that you are using wax strip strictly as per instructions.

Kriti says :

I have been using Veet waxins strips since quite a few years and it has always been a saviour for me as whenever i cant visit a salon or am in a hurry it comes to my rescue. It works well on sensitive skin as well. The only thing which i never like about it is that if you run out of those post wax wipes it becomes really hard to wipe off as it becomes very sticky on the skin. But thanks to the addition of more number of wipes in the packet.
And still if ubrun out of them you can use any baby oil or Vit. E oil( which i have used mostly) to remove the wax post waxing.

Galega says :

My wife doesn’t experience any problem in removing wax strip. Just little bit of hot water, and it comes out easily with little bit of force. However, it is the residue of wax which creates problem. For that, I would suggest you to take the wash cloth or the cotton wool and gently wipe the wax off the skin. Alternatively, you can soak the cotton wool in the oil to wipe off the wax. Place more oil on the area if there is still residue left over and wipe off again. Wipe the skin with the tissues to remove the excess oil.

Alex says :

re : Overall, this product is definitely worth its cost
Helpful information, was a pleasure to read

Alex says :

This is useful information. thank

Azriel says :

I have had troubles using this strip for armpits and the problem was you have to grow it out. It was kind of inconvenient and when I placed it it wasn’t able to take all the hair out. It was rather costly and maybe I just wasn’t used to using wax strips but this took a lot more time and effort for me than using hair removal creams.

Galega says :

This wax strip is intended to be used by users who have no time to go to the parlor for waxing. It can be done at the home. But, still, you need little bit of expertise, especially in areas like armpits. New users will always find it tough to use strip in the armpits. You are no exception. You will learn over time. Or, speak to a beautician about the way to use it evenly on the entire area. Waxing is definitely costly. But, it has many associated benefits over cream, like removing hair from roots.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 315041460140330/k2311a045/4.5.11