Organic Wear Matte Finishing Veil
  • The other thing I like about this product is the fact that it is translucent so I can use it over my makeup whenever I want
  • If my forehead starts to get shiny throughout the day as it tends to do when oily buildup becomes a problem, I can just apply one or two swipes of the Organic Wear Matte Finishing Veil over the problem area and the powder will absorb all the shine
  • I will probably not continue to purchase this again in the future simply because I know that there are a lot of other good quality setting powders out there with much better product designs, but it was fun to try out

• by Intensify

Organic products seem to be all the rage these days. Going green and trying to be eco-friendly seems to be very trendy all of a sudden and this has even extended into the makeup and beauty world. I have seen so many organic makeup products in the beauty aisle of my local drugstore. I recently purchased the Organic Wear Matte Finishing Veil from my local drugstore. There are many products in the Organic Wear line. This particular product is basically just a setting powder to be applied over makeup.

There are a lot of eco-friendly things about the Organic Wear Matte Finishing Veil. It comes with a built-in brush which is actually made out of goat hair. The goat hair is all acquired in a humane

way. I was at first a bit skeptical about whether I would like the brush. Though it is not as soft as some of my other brushes, it was a lot less rough than I expected it to be. I do not really like the design of the product itself. The product is a bit too bulky for my taste which means that it isn’t really as portable as I would like to me. It has a mirror on the cap which would be great for touch-ups on the go if not for the fact that this product is way too large to just throw into my makeup bag or purse for the day.

The powder itself is also pretty impressive. It does set my ...

• makeup in place for the day and helps to extend the wear of my makeup so that it lasts much longer than when I do not use this setting powder. The other thing I like about this product is the fact that it is translucent so I can use it over my makeup whenever I want. If my forehead starts to get shiny throughout the day as it tends to do when oily buildup becomes a problem, I can just apply one or two swipes of the Organic Wear Matte Finishing Veil over the problem area and the powder will absorb all the shine. The powder covers very evenly. Even though I have a darker complexion, this powder does not make my skin look pale.
        This powder has not caused any irritation or acne on my skin.

Overall, I have to give the Organic Wear Matte Finishing Veil a rating of a 8 out of 10. It increases the staying power of my makeup, minimizes shine, and is completely eco-friendly and good for the environment. The only cons really are the fact that the brush is slightly rough and product itself is a bit bulky. Other than the poor design, I have gotten pretty good results from the Organic Wear Matte Finishing Veil. I will probably not continue to purchase this again in the future simply because I know that there are a lot of other good quality setting powders out there with much better product designs, but it was fun to try out.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 315041459720230/k2311a045/4.5.11