Deerfield Farms Microwaveable Popcorn  » Food  »
  • I found this last night at our local Walgreen's Pharmacy for $1.79/box (or 2 boxes for $3)
  • I've been pretty disappointed with microwaveable popcorn lately and, as a result, I shy away from spending too much money on it
  • When I bought this, I figured, at very least, if I didn't like it, I didn't waste a lot of money on it
  • I also was somewhat impressed with the flavor
  • This was somewhat surprising since we don't normally experience that with freshly popped popcorn

• by Review Vigilante

Product Description: Box of microwaveable mini-bags of popcorn. I found this last night at our local Walgreen’s Pharmacy for $1. 79/box (or 2 boxes for $3).

What I liked about this product: I’ve been pretty disappointed with microwaveable popcorn lately and, as a result, I shy away from spending too much money on it. Even though they were only the mini bags of popcorn, this was pretty affordable; considering the same sized bags from

a couple other brands were nearly twice as much.

When I bought this, I figured, at very least, if I didn’t like it, I didn’t waste a lot of money on it. I also was somewhat impressed with the flavor.

I could really taste the butter on this brand. With most other brands, I’m lucky if I don’t just taste salt whenever I eat them.

What I didn’t like about this product: It ...

• had some of the same issues I’ve been finding a lot lately with all other brands of microwaveable popcorn. One of the most noticeable ones was the fact about half the kernels didn’t even pop when I made this.

Well, I should say that was only with my bag. When I made a bag for my wife, there was a little over half that popped.

Either way, there was a lot of wasted

kernels. The popcorn also seemed to be a bit hard.

This was somewhat surprising since we don’t normally experience that with freshly popped popcorn. And, as a result, it was somewhat disappointing.

My Final Opinion: This is not a great brand of popcorn. But, it also really isn’t much different than most other brands so the fact it is considerably cheaper does make it worth considering if you are looking to buy a box of microwaveable popcorn for movie night.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 274041459470230/k2311a044/4.4.11