Cerelac ( baby food )
  • My baby liked the taste and he enjoyed eating it

• by penu
      Cerelac is a baby food used by most of the India mothers for their babies. One can feed the cerelac to the babies from 3 months of age.

This stuff

for babies comes in different stages and different flavours with different items used to prepare it.

Depending upon the age of the baby and the taste of the baby the food ...

• can be selected.

This tastes slightly sweet and has milky taste.

My baby liked the taste and he enjoyed eating it.

it gives all the nutritional values which are

very important for babies.

It comes in the form of powder and is very easy to prepare.

Depending upon the appetite of the baby the food can be fed to the baby.

Mobolaji says :

according to what i read on the tin,should nestle cerelac infant cereal with milk for 7 months be consumed just once daily?

Galega says :

It is a sort of starter. At 7 months, you are still introducing solid foods to your baby. Don’t overdo. Let her stomach get used to solid food. You can give it for more than one times in small doses and in very diluted mixture. Keep breastfeeding her.

dinaz says :

my baby is 4 months old, 5th month running.plz let me knw if i can introduce cerelac for him n if yes whch one?

Jules Li says :

You can introduce Cerelac at five months. At five months, you should use Cerelac stage 1.

Dhanya says :

Yes, you can start cereal for a 5 month old baby. You can go for cerelac rice as rice is easily digestible than wheat.

Galega says :

Nestle says that Cerelac should be given after six months of age. This is a common opinion among many paediatrician institutes.

You should not give Cerelac or any other solid foods, unless it is recommended by a doctor.

Generally, solid food is given to babies if they are not taking milk properly and are quite underweight. If this is the condition of your baby, you can give Cerelac in very light consistency. It would be better to start with Cerelac Rice because that is easy to digest.

Daniya Sheraz says :

Hi… My baby is 6 months now and iv started giving him cerelac 1 spoon in 10-15ml thrice a day. I wanna know that can I dilute cerelac in fresh homemade Stock ( vegetable/chicken/mutton stock) instead of pla n water once or twice a week in one feed

Galega says :

Yeah, you can do it. Just watch your baby. If she is able to digest it without any problem, you can continue. However, please remember that Cerelac 1 is complete till one year and there may not be any nutrition issue even if you don’t mix it any homemade stock.

Daniya Sheraz says :

ramkoti says :

could u give me the details of Cerelac manufacturers in India.

Dhanya says :

Nestle India is manufacturing Cerelac. Cerelac came to Indian market long back. I am 30 years old. I ate cerelac in my infancy

Galega says :

Nestle manufactures and markets Cerelac brands of baby solid food in India. There are three manufacturing plants where it is produced. If you are living in the northern belt of India, you will get it from Himachal Pradesh plant. Similarly, there are plants in South and East India. All plants are approved by the Government of India and its various regulatory authorities and marked as safe to be given to children above the age of 6 months.

Not recommended for children below 6 months.

selim says :

can i add vegetables to cerelac for my 6 months old baby?

Jules Li says :

Cerelac stage two contains vegetables. It’s recommended for 8 months upwards.

Selim,
    Cerelac is of sweet flavor. It contains milk also. It is therefore not good to mix it with vegetables. Give vegetables separately. Cook and mash vegetables and give to child. You can also make vegetable soup and give to child. Canned baby cereal without milk (for example, nestum) can be mixed with cooled vegetables. But vegetabled dont go well with sweet flavor.

Minu says :

do you have cerelac available without milk . My baby is 1yr is allergic to milk

Jules Li says :

Mini, Cerelac is pre-mixed with milk. There aren’t any that don’t contain milk.

Minu,
    cerelac (all flavors) contain milk. Cerelac is cereal milk mix. If you want cereal alone go for nestum. Pure cereal (without milk) is best. You just need to prepare the cereal in milk. Canned cereal milk mix will trigger colic in kids. This is my personal experience

aisha says :

Minu
    U can try easum as its also available forchildren with milk allergy… my LO had it for quite sometime and its good for hem..just withiut milk. Prepare in lukewarm water.

Hima Bindu says :

Hi, This is Mrs.Bindu. Can I start ceralac for my baby which is of 3 months old as my breast milk is not sufficient.Which type of ceralac is recommended at this stage to her? Thanking You, Bindu

Vijay says :

Hi Bindu,
    if your baby is not getting enough milk from your breast you can start giving her lactogen 1(formula) it is very best for babies, i too using for my baby,
    and if you are planning to start cerelac so pls drop this idea bcoz i too had started cerelac when my little angel turned to 3 month and she loved the flavour of wheat apple. but after 3 days she starte couging and the coughing lead her to phnemonia and i have to stop cerelac, my baby use to cry is pain while coughing, she stopped feeding and she looses her 600 grms within 4 days after treatment my baby is very fine now and demands for feeding every after 3 hours…..today is my baby’s 10th day of treatment and she is very healthy and very happy now and she is 3 and half month…
    pls dont’t start solid food before 6 month,,
    Thanks

Galega says :

Cerelac isn t intended to be used for baby below six months. You can give Cerelac below six months only when your baby isn t able to take milk or not able to digest milk and if she is underweight. In these conditions also, you need to consult a pediatrician before consulting a doctor.

Babies below six months are not able to digest solid foods like cerelac.

Your condition is slightly different. You are not producing sufficient amount of milk. Talk to your doctor about this. There are many solutions. You can take Lactonic, a herbal product without any side effects. Lactonic can let you produce optimum amount of milk.

You can also consider talking with a pediatrician about milk formula for your baby. There are many for 3 months old baby.

tania says :

Can I continue 1packet cerelac after 3 weeks to my 11 months baby. Because I give her khichuri too.

Galega says :

Yes, you can do that. Even I used to do the same running Cerelac along with Khiduri to my son when he was around one year old. There should not be any problem, if he is able to digest solid foods.

Nasreen says :

My baby has cough for the last 2 weeks. I gave him medicines but it didnt work. Everyday I give him cerelac. Is it is effectd by cerelac. Pls help me to get a solution.

Galega says :

Cerelac should not be the reason behind cough. I would suggest you to consult a pediatrician. Apart from cough syrup, your baby may also needs anti biotic medicines for the treatment of cough.

Nasreen says :

My baby is in his 6th mnth. He has mucus infection for the last 2 weeks. I gave medicine but no change. I used to give him cerelac. Is his cough nd mucus due to cerelac?? Pls respond…

Galega says :

This seems to be a symptom of mild respiratory tract infection. If mucus infection is there for more than 4 days, you must consult a pediatrician. In that case, it is not a good idea to self medicate your baby.

Cerelac should not cause mucus infection. However, it should be given only after six months of age, which is the age when solid foods should be introduced to baby.

Sofia says :

Cerlac contains sugar which is unnecessarynot at all good for babies then why do you recommend it

Galega says :

I don’t recommend anything. I just give suggestions and in majority of cases asks to consult a pediatrician. Cerelac can be given after six months of age when solid foods are supposed to be introduced. That is what Nestle says and that is a fact accepted by various regulatory agencies. Hence, there is no problem in suggesting it when baby turns 6 months, if there isn’t any issues with the baby.

Sofia says :

Thank you for reverting back I agree but my worry is all about the sugar content in it… We must not include sugar until a year is what doctor says but how about cerlac

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 54604145931230/k2311a046/4.6.07