www.chinasmack.com  » Web sites  »
  • What's more interesting about this is that their articles are mostly unusual
  • I love their articles a lot because I am able to see the present face of China through their blogs

• by Shuyi

To us foreigners, China, as depicted by most movies and the media in general, has been all about chopsticks, slanted chinky eyes, jackie chan, jet li and a red flag with yellow stars! It’s oriental fashion, history and tradition separated it from the rest of the world. Rarely do we hear news about our asian neighbor not unless of course if it involved some western countries. To us, who could not read, write nor understand chinese, it may be very difficult to

connect our world with theirs’!

Luckily, a team of young chinese bloggers have gathered together to make the world understand what is going on in the Chines kaleidoscope. Chinasmack.com is a blog that mainly focuses on compiling news from China, all of which are in english format. I first found out about this website when a video about “crush fetish” spread like wildfire all over the internet! Doing a search on google led me to chinasmack.com. After reading a few articles, I became ...

• interested and so I began to subscribe.

Most of the news that you will find in that website are translated manually by the bloggers themselves. The articles range from local news to news from neighbouring asian countries. Sometimes they also feature scandals and internet memes that has become viral in the chinese BBS forums. What’s more interesting about this is that their articles are mostly unusual: prostitution, drugs, blow up dolls, sex scandals, animal abuse, chinese netizen reactions, crazy, bizarre things! You

name it!

I love their articles a lot because I am able to see the present face of China through their blogs. However, being the english nazi that I am, I cannot guarantee that the articles are in perfect english. All I can say is that, their english is tolerable to some extent. Their writers just have to practice how to pick the right english words to say. Still, despite all these bashing with their grammar, I found the website rather fun, interesting and refreshing!

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 204041459250230/k2311a044/4.4.11