Destination Truth TV Episode: Sandstorm Spirits  » TV  »
  • I think the second investigation actually turned out to be the best
  • The fact they presented a pretty good argument about what the creature really was ended up being somewhat interesting too
  • I like it when they can debunk things like that
  • Even though the title of the episode is based on the first investigation, I honestly wasn't all that impressed with it

• by Review Vigilante

Synopsis: Josh Gates and his Destination Truth team travel to an abandoned city in Africa to capture evidence of the ghosts that reportedly haunt it. They then travel to Panama in an effort to find a creature that was photographed in 2009 that could be a brand new species (or possibly even a space alien).

What I liked about this episode: I think the second investigation actually turned out to be

the best.

They had some funny scenes involving a tricked-out school bus and some pretty intense moments; such as when they nearly got bit by a pit viper and were in a flooded cave full of bats, scorpions and possibly something else.

The fact they presented a pretty good argument about what the creature really was ended up being somewhat interesting too.

I like it when they can debunk things like ...

• that.

What I didn’t like about this episode: Even though the title of the episode is based on the first investigation, I honestly wasn’t all that impressed with it.

They didn’t seem to spend as much time at it as you would think they would and I think it was heavily edited to the point there were key things missing.

Also, it was yet another ghost hunt.

The Syfy Channel has

too many shows that do that already.

I also personally think the only reason they invited Jael on this trip was so they could get yet another clip of her freaking out over something scary.

That got old when she was a regular on the series.

My Final Opinion: This episode is worth watching for the second investigation.

But, I honestly wasn’t as impressed with the entire episode as I thought I would end up being.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 104041459180230/k2311a044/4.4.11