Minneapolis Sculpture Garden, Minneapolis, Minnesota  » Travel  »
1750 Hennepin Ave., Minneapolis, Minnesota 55403
  • It is one of the best spots my family visited when vacationing in the USA
  • My eyes feasted on the many amazing sculptures found all over the garden
  • My favorite sculpture is the fountain-sculpture Spoonbridge and Cherry which I learned is 52 feet long and weighs more than 7,000 pounds
  • For some more fun, I suggest you also read the poem in the Siah Armajani’s Irene Hixon Whitney Bridge
  • We didn’t get to finish reading the poem, we got tired but enjoyed the experience

• by Ninrec

If you are someone who enjoys art and nature, the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden is the place to visit. It is one of the best spots my family visited when vacationing in the USA. Aside from the fact that there is no entrance fee to the garden and parking is free on the street, the garden opens early up to late nights. It is also very safe as I have seen policemen patrolling the place.

The garden is so lovely in

the early morning and since picnicking is allowed, there were families enjoying the morning sun sipping their coffee and savoring their big sandwiches. My eyes feasted on the many amazing sculptures found all over the garden. My favorite sculpture is the fountain-sculpture Spoonbridge and Cherry which I learned is 52 feet long and weighs more than 7,000 pounds. For some more fun, I suggest you also read the poem in the Siah Armajani’s Irene Hixon Whitney Bridge. We didn’t get ...

• to finish reading the poem, we got tired but enjoyed the experience.

The Cowles Conservatory is indeed a showcase of various ornamental and flowering plants. I remember that one greenhouse is full of tropical plants some of which I have in my garden. It is in the tallest greenhouse that I have seen for the first time towering palm trees. We have palm trees in Manila, but the ones in the Conservatory are really much taller and they are really well

taken care of. Another amazing sculpture is the Standing Glass Fish. This is really something to behold because the fish is made of glass, wood and steel and it is in the middle of the lily pond with the beautiful palms.

This garden is indeed a gem. It is really a showcase of talented people with their sculptures, the people’s love for nature and their concern to preserve its beauty. I just hope that it stays that way for many decades to come.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 384041459160230/k2311a044/4.4.11