Agadir Argan Oil Daily Moisturizing Shampoo 12 oz
  • I was complaining about the higher cost of the Redken products to protect color, and my stylist told me that this shampoo would work every bit as well as the Redken, and I would probably like it better anyway
  • There was definitely enough lather to feel like I was washing my hair properly
  • Unfortunately, an odd thing happened about a month into my using the shampoo
  • At first I noticed that my scalp itched, and it started about an hour after washing my hair
  • While I think this is a great product based on its performance, I would have to warn anyone with sensitive skin or a tendency towards allergies that this might be a problem with this shampoo

• by reviewabit

This shampoo was recommended to me after I had my hair colored at a salon. I was complaining about the higher cost of the Redken products to protect color, and my stylist told me that this shampoo would work every bit as well as the Redken, and I would probably like it better anyway. I was able to get the shampoo for around ten dollars, which was cheaper than the Redken but not by leaps and bounds. This shampoo is sulfate and paraben free, and is specifically designed to retain color.

When I first used it, I didn’t expect much lather with it being sulfate free, as sodium lauryl sulfate is

what gives most shampoos their foaming ability. Actually, this one was not too bad. There was definitely enough lather to feel like I was washing my hair properly.

The shampoo has a sweet, fruity-spicy smell that is very pleasant. It tends to linger in the hair for the rest of the day when you use it. It’s very gentle.

My hair felt soft after rinsing, even before I put conditioner on. It does not tangle your hair or make it feel “squeaky. ” My hair seemed to have a good bit of body when using this product, and that is important to me, since I have thinning hair around the crown area.

For ...

• the entire time I used it, my hair looked healthy and shiny. The color did stay vibrant, as promised. The highlights that were put in looked exactly like they had just been done, even months after the event.

Unfortunately, an odd thing happened about a month into my using the shampoo. I seemed to develop an allergy to it. At first I noticed that my scalp itched, and it started about an hour after washing my hair.

I had assumed it was a styling product, but after ruling out each suspect one by one, I found that it was the shampoo. I don’t know why I would develop

an allergy to it so far into using it. I have wondered if maybe the strong scent (and its ability linger) would have been the culprit in irritating my scalp.

I continued to have a scalp itch until I had stopped using the product for over a week. Thinking perhaps I had wrongly accused it, I waited a month and tried using it again. Like before, I was able to use it for awhile, then the symptoms reappeared.

While I think this is a great product based on its performance, I would have to warn anyone with sensitive skin or a tendency towards allergies that this might be a problem with this shampoo.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 344041459140230/k2311a044/4.4.11