Repelle Hair Color Stain Shield 1 ea (8-10 uses)  » Health  »
  • I had first been told to use Vaseline, which works– but I found it too greasy to use in any large amount and didn’t like the feel of it
  • This makes it much more convenient and less messy to use than creams or Vaseline which your hands will be covered in after applying
  • Since I tend to rinse my hair in the shower anyway, this is not an issue for me
  • I would definitely recommend this to anyone who colors their hair at home

• by reviewabit

I tried this product when a family member bought some to keep at the house. We both used over the counter hair color kits, and she had a tendency to get the color all over her face and ears. I had a few mistakes myself, but I had been using a light cream to block the staining, as was directed by a hairstylist who was kind enough to give me tips.

I had first been told to use Vaseline, which works– but I found it too greasy to use in any large amount and didn’t like the feel of it. I was told that this product worked better than anything she had tried

before– so I gave it a try.

In fact, I used about half the stick within the next few months. This formula is actually not very much different than lip balm if you read the ingredients.

It has petrolatum (Vaseline, basically) beeswax, aloe, shea butter and vitamin E among other things. It is a mix that is very healthy for skin in general, although maybe a little heavier in texture than you might want to use on yourself.

It could easily double as a great lip balm. It comes in a large solid tube, and glides on just like lip balm, with much wider strokes.

This makes it much more convenient and ...

• less messy to use than creams or Vaseline which your hands will be covered in after applying. It is a little easier to get off than Vaseline, but still takes more work than the cream I was using.

However, it does actually work better than the cream. I would almost say it is like a cross between the two other products.

Unlike the Vaseline, I did not get pimples from heavy, greasy residue, and unlike the cream, there were no gaps in the coverage where color leaked through and stained anyway. It is also easier for the Repelle to stay in place on your skin whereas the cream tends to smear everywhere even

while you are applying it.

The product is not expensive, although it is compared to Vaseline, or a cheap cream, but it works better so for me it is worth it. Every time I used the Repelle, every place that I put it, there is complete protection.

I rinse it off with water when I am ready to rinse out the hair, and although it leaves a slight residue, which can be wiped away or taken right off with a little soap. Since I tend to rinse my hair in the shower anyway, this is not an issue for me.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone who colors their hair at home.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 344041459040130/k2311a044/4.4.11