No Gray Hair Color Additive 2 applications  » Health  »
2.5
  • I found that sometimes when I colored, the gray roots would be covered completely, and other times there would be a line that was obvious where the roots were a lighter color than the rest
  • When I was told about this product, I wanted to try and see if it would solve the problem
  • It does not alter the color, but it will definitely intensify how it covers

• by reviewabit

This is a product I have mixed feelings about. I have very resistant gray hair. My hairstylist has told me this many times. To save money, a few years ago I stopped paying over a hundred dollars every time I needed my hair colored and started using store-bought hair color products at home.

I found that sometimes when I colored, the gray roots would be covered completely, and other times there would be a line that was obvious where the roots were a lighter color than the rest. No matter how many times I tried to “standardize” how I was doing the procedure, and always used the same products, once in awhile it would randomly become

a disaster, usually leaving me to tolerate the mismatched colors for weeks because I feared damaging my hair further. When I was told about this product, I wanted to try and see if it would solve the problem.

There is good news, and bad news. The good news– it works. It most definitely works.

I have used the product several times now and each time the color was perfectly even, with not one silver hair rearing its head. This is a product that will cause the color to penetrate your hair precisely, no matter how stubborn your silvers and grays are. It is super easy to use– you just add it to ...

• your hair color mix, no matter what kind you are using.

It does not alter the color, but it will definitely intensify how it covers. Now comes the bad news. It contains lye.

In a weak solution, of course– so it is not really dangerous, but if you have a sensitive scalp, this stuff can burn like crazy. The first few times I used it, I felt a strong sting, but I was ok and after rinsing it out, the irritation went away. The problem is, much like my random bad color jobs, I have random times when the solution really does fry my scalp.

Once I used it, and my scalp

itched and had scales for days, forcing me to use unscented products and eventually a dandruff/eczema shampoo to get rid of the problem. Other times I was fine. This did not seem to happen when I added it to any particular brand, and I could never find a link between any of the occurrences.

I still have no idea why sometimes it bother me, and sometimes not. Could it be inconsistencies in the formula itself? Are some boxes stronger than others? I just don’t know. So, I am a little bit scared of the product.

It can be harsh, with little or no warning. But, it does work. My advice, proceed with caution!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 344041458970130/k2311a044/4.4.11