L’Oreal Paris Excellence To-Go 10-Minute Medium Reddish Brown  » Health  »
1.5
  • I was happy to see that the package claimed there was no harsh odor, because that had been one of the reasons I switched from Excellence to Feria, also made by Loreal but with a milder smell
  • The picture of the color on the box matched mine exactly, and I needed a quick touch up, so I bought the box of Medium Reddish Brown and colored my hair that night

• by reviewabit

I have used Excellence hair color in the past, and when I saw this ten minute easy “Excellent to go” product, it looked like something I would really like. Ten minutes is a very short time for coloring hair. Since I had never used a quick develop product, I did not know what to expect.

I was happy to see that the package claimed there was no harsh odor, because that had been one of the reasons I switched from Excellence to Feria, also made by Loreal but with a milder smell. The picture of the color on the box matched mine exactly, and I needed a quick touch up, so I bought

the box of Medium Reddish Brown and colored my hair that night.

The first thing I have to say about the product is that the “no harsh smell” is simply not true. This product smelled worse than the regular Excellence, and it had no claims of smelling good!

When I first started applying the mix, my nose and eyes were burning and pretty soon I was unable to breathe and had to walk out of the room to get some air.

The ammonia smell was stifling. This did not smell, nor feel like a gentle product.

I guess it has to be strong to develop so fast, but I wasn’t thinking of this at the ...

• time. I will give them a little credit for the touch up comb, which did make the application a lot faster at the roots.

I put the color mostly on my roots and only a little at the ends of my hair so that hopefully they would not be too dark. When the ten minutes was up, I rinsed out in the shower, and my hair felt like a fried mop.

I remember trying to get my fingers through it before putting on the conditioner and thinking I didn’t know how I would get the tangles out. Fortunately the conditioner did a lot of repair work for me, but the other claim

on the box, that this product wouldn’t dry out my hair– also completely false.

I had really hoped it would st least give me good coverage, for all that smell. When I dried my hair, it became apparent that the roots were slightly lighter than the rest, which should not have happened.

I followed directions to the letter, and the color on the box matched my existing color perfectly– which was verified by myself and two other people before I used the product. Sorry, Loreal– normally you have excellent hair colors– but this one was a miss for me.

I do not recommend it. Instead, use Feria.

Takes longer, but smells better and works great.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 344041458960130/k2311a044/4.4.11