Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner Alpha and Beta Hydroxy 8.5 oz
  • I like to use a toner or astringent during the day to freshen up my face and this really seems to help
  • I think if I used it in the winter I would find it too drying, but for summer it is perfect
  • I have indeed noticed my pores seem to look tighter since I have been using it, and I am finding it rarely necessary to use an exfoliating scrub on my face, as it stays very smooth from the combination of this toner and my alpha hydroxy moisturizer

• by reviewabit

In the summer months, my combination skin tends to lean towards oily, and I sometimes have acne due to the oiliness and using sun block products on my face. I like to use a toner or astringent during the day to freshen up my face and this really seems to help. It is much easier than washing my face all day long or after I have gotten sweaty.

In the past I have used several brands, and I like the ones that give a little tingle or cool feeling because it is so refreshing when you are hot. Sea Breeze has always been a

standby, but as I have gotten older I find it a little more drying to my skin than it used to be.

Since I also like to keep my face exfoliated and have been using moisturizers with alpha hydroxy ingredients, I like the idea of this Neutrogena toner and decided to give it a try. I have had good experiences with Neutrogena in general, and this is a very affordable product that I can certainly use every day if I need to.

This toner is cool, sweet and fresh smelling. It has a bit of alcohol in it, but not as much as some ...

• other products I have used, and I do need a little bit of that in the hot months anyway.

When I put this on my face, I feel refreshed. It does cleanse a bit, but doesn’t seem to strip my skin.

I think if I used it in the winter I would find it too drying, but for summer it is perfect. I have indeed noticed my pores seem to look tighter since I have been using it, and I am finding it rarely necessary to use an exfoliating scrub on my face, as it stays very smooth from the combination of this toner and my alpha

hydroxy moisturizer.

I’ve even noticed that I don’t really need to use nose strips any more, as the pores seem to look firmer and not as “dirty. ” I’ve been using those strips for ages! That is pretty impressive.

I am so addicted to how the product feels and smells, I will have to hide it from myself in the winter so I don’t dry my own face out. I think this is a really nice product and I would recommend it for anyone who likes a nice refreshing toner during the day (or any time) that will keep their skin firm, healthy, and well exfoliated.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 344041458940130/k2311a044/4.4.11