Orazyme Dry Mouth Mouthwash 16 oz
  • I have used Biotene, a similar product, in the past to treat a dry mouth issue that bothers me off and on
  • I looked in a second store but they also did not have it, so I bought the Orazyme rinse instead
  • I had some lozenges to take at night, and this greatly improved the night time problems, but I had also noticed symptoms during the day, probably related to the cold weather and the fact that the heating unit ran constantly, further drying the air
  • I think both products are very good, and would use either again, but this one might have a slight edge
  • I would definitely recommend it for dry mouth sufferers

• by reviewabit

Orazyme mouthwash is a product that is supposed to help with dry mouth issues by supplying enzymes. I have used Biotene, a similar product, in the past to treat a dry mouth issue that bothers me off and on. When I ran out of Biotene, I went to replace it, but found that it was out of stock.

I looked in a second store but they also did not have it, so I bought the Orazyme rinse instead. The ingredient list is very similar and it works on the same principle.

I had just started a little flare up of the dry mouth

and was waking up at night unable to swallow. I had some lozenges to take at night, and this greatly improved the night time problems, but I had also noticed symptoms during the day, probably related to the cold weather and the fact that the heating unit ran constantly, further drying the air.

I positioned three humidifiers in the house, and this still was not enough. My doctor had suspected I might have Sjogren’s syndrome, but I was never able to get a definite diagnosis.

Since I also have “suspected lupus” it is a definite possibility, since these two illnesses often overlap. That would also explain ...

• the here today and gone tomorrow nature of my symptoms.

I started using the Orazyme in place of my Biotene. I had previously only used the Biotene at night after brushing my teeth, but since I was now having defined daytime symptoms, I added an additional dose of the Orazyme, after brushing my teeth in the morning.

The Orazyme has a milder taste then the Biotene. It has just a gentle taste of mint, which is much better for me since I normally have problems with anything that has super powerful mint flavor, even when I am not having a dry mouth issue– but

when I am having it, that makes it ten times more uncomfortable.

It was very wise to make this a mild flavor. After using the product twice a day for about a week, there was a definite difference in how my mouth felt.

My breath got better too. (Nasty breath is a side effect of dry mouth.

) I would say it worked every bit as well and maybe even a little faster than the Biotene that I had used. I think both products are very good, and would use either again, but this one might have a slight edge.

I would definitely recommend it for dry mouth sufferers.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 344041458780130/k2311a044/4.4.11