Tone Cocoa Butter Bar Soap 4.25 oz Mango Splash 6 pk  » Health  »
  • I think all soaps want to be known as moisturizing, but it misses the real point of using soap, which is to get clean
  • Some are definitely gentler than others though
  • I would recommend this for all lovers of tropical smells, including tropical fruit, sun tan lotion fragrances, and mixed drinks

• by reviewabit

When I was looking for some cheap bar soap to use at a cabin I was staying at, I chose this one because it was on sale. I had not really used any Tone products before, and I was pleasantly surprised at the fragrance, which is fresh, fruity, bright and decidedly tropical. It seemed like a great vacation soap. Since I was using lots of sun block on this vacation, and it was very hot weather, I wanted bar soap since it tends to be a little more effective at removing oils.

My skin can get oily in the heat anyway, and the

sun block can sometimes mean clogged pores if I don’t get it all off before bed. I placed the nicely shaped bar in the shower and used it that night. As bar soaps go, this one is a winner.

It makes nice fluffy lather, cleans perfectly, and rinses easily. There was no irritation to my skin from the fragrance. The smell was potent but not overpowering or sickly.

It was very sweet and fruity, and complimented the sun care products I was using for the trip really well. This soap is marketed as if it is a moisturizing soap. I would not ...

• really agree.

The fact that it did a good job of getting my sun block off means that it had to have some soap power to get the job done. If it will strip those oils, it will strip the natural oils in your skin too. I think all soaps want to be known as moisturizing, but it misses the real point of using soap, which is to get clean.

Some are definitely gentler than others though. In the grand scheme, I would say this one is a moderate. I probably could not use this soap in the dead of winter as

it would dry my skin too much, but for a summer soap it is darn near perfect, especially with the summery scent.

The bars are average size, and last about as well as most commercial brands do. The pack of six bars was only a little over two dollars on sale, and this was an excellent bargain. I would definitely consider using other Tone products after trying this one.

I would recommend this for all lovers of tropical smells, including tropical fruit, sun tan lotion fragrances, and mixed drinks. The fragrance of this product invites those thoughts to mind. It’s a good soap, does its job, and is extremely economical.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 341041458310730/k2311a041/4.1.11