Nancy Drew Shadow at the Water’s Edge PC Game
  • It's very interesting to learn how to do Japanese traditional tea ceremony, make origami, and even write in katakana
  • Oh and I like the ending since it has two alternative endings that we can choose
  • This way you can experience both of the endings without having to replay the whole game

• by Rosnshan

I have always been a big fan of the Nancy Drew PC Games series. So I was so excited when finally I had the opportunity to buy its latest installment: Nancy Drew Shadow at the Water’s Edge and I must say that I was very pleased with it.

I really like the plot of this game. In it, we join Nancy as she goes to Japan for a stay in a traditional Japanese family inn (or in Japanese it’s

called ryokan) only to discover that the ryokan is haunted. And as I play through the game to find more clues, I got to learn some Japanese culture too! It’s very interesting to learn how to do Japanese traditional tea ceremony, make origami, and even write in katakana. One of the puzzles even let me to arrange a bento box. It’s so cute! Another feature that I found interesting was the anime-style avatar. We can create our own avatar ...

• and customize them to be as cute or as pretty as we like. I love it!

The puzzles are all very interesting and challenging too. I especially love the sudoku and nonogram puzzle. Though I admit they’re a bit tedious after a while but still it was very fun to try to solve them!

Oh and I like the ending since it has two alternative endings that we can choose. My advice was to save the game before the final

event so that after you choose one ending you can just reload your game and choose the other version of the ending. This way you can experience both of the endings without having to replay the whole game :D

All in all, Shadow at the Water’s Edge is a must play for all of you Nancy Drew fans or the mystery point-and-click games in general. The graphic is awesome, the game play is brilliant, the characters are interesting and amusing. Kudos!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 281041458110630/k2311a041/4.1.11