Cher-Make Sausage Company Brand Bratwurst  » Food  »
2.5
  • I found this at our local Piggly Wiggly store last night for about $6.50
  • I was running a bit late last night when I was at the store and, by the time I got home, I had lost an hour so the fact I could make these in the microwave in about 2 minutes was a big bonus (though I would recommend making them on your grill instead since the microwaving left most of the fat in them)
  • These were described as home game brats and I think they ended up adding pepper to them as a result of that

• by Review Vigilante

Product Description: Pack of 9 bratwurst from the Cher Make Sausage Company out of Manitowoc, WI. I found this at our local Piggly Wiggly store last night for about $6. 50.

What I liked about this product: First of all, the price was actually pretty reasonable for this brand. In comparison, a box of 10 brats from the brand I normally buy (Johnsonville) was almost $11.

I got one less brat and saved nearly $5 by buying this brand.

/> I also liked the fact these were pre-cooked.

I was running a bit late last night when I was at the store and, by the time I got home, I had lost an hour so the fact I could make these in the microwave in about 2 minutes was a big bonus (though I would recommend making them on your grill instead since the microwaving left most of the fat in them). What I didn’t like about this ...

• product: I wasn’t a fan of the taste.

These were described as “home game” brats and I think they ended up adding pepper to them as a result of that. However, the brats themselves really lacked any flavor of their own; usually a sign of a brat (or sausage) that is made with more fat than actual meat.

My wife and I also couldn’t believe how tough the skin was on these brats. I’m used to tough skins

on pre-cooked brats and this wasn’t a major surprise.

But, the sausage casing was much thicker and tougher than most others and, as a result, we had a heck of a time eating these brats. My Final Opinion: It’s a cheap brand that is worth considering if you are making bratwursts for a large group of people.

But, I wouldn’t recommend picking these over a better brand if you are only making them for yourself; even if it does mean saving some money.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271041457880630/k2311a041/4.1.11