Zutter Bind-It-All v2.0 binding machine  » Other  »
  • I bought my Zutter Bind-it-All two years ago and I really love it
  • I've created several books already from this small machine and people were pretty impressed with the results
  • I expected a clean cut from this machine but I notice the holes seem a little raggedy at the edges
  • I love the fact that the Zutter machine can cut through chipboard under 3mm or 1/8
  • I'm not really sure but anyways, I was really disappointed that I couldn't use it immediately because of the broken part

• by my2cents

I bought my Zutter Bind-it-All two years ago and I really love it. It’s a very cute and handy binding machine that you can use at home to make small or large notebooks, souvenirs or anything creative you can come up with. I’ve created several books already from this small machine and people were pretty impressed with the results.

The Zutter Bind-it-All V2.0 can punch up to 6 rectangular holes at a time. When doing large projects, you would need to punch your papers or board several times depending on their length. Most of the time I get it right but there have been times when I don’t hold down the papers flat enough so that when I punch a second time the holes slightly overlap the first holes. I expected a clean cut from this machine but I notice the holes seem a little raggedy at the edges. It’s not really that bad

but it’s just not 100% clean like the ones you often see in store-bought notebooks.

I love the fact that the Zutter machine can cut through chipboard under 3mm or 1/8″. I’ve successfully made several hardbound souvenir notebooks for someone’s wedding last year. This handy binder can also punch through PVC material — the material used for plastic identification cards and the like. I’ve sold a few notebooks as well using PVC material for the covers. This machine can also handle soft wood and MDF wood (under 1/8″ thick), CDs, and even cardboard thin metal! I haven’t used these materials yet but I look forward to trying them out.

I love the colors of the Owires that they offer: pastels, white, black, red, metallics, antiques. My favorite to use for formal or business type notebooks is antique silver. It just feels classy and expensive. And the packaging they use for these Owires really help keep ...

• them from becoming tangled. You could buy other wires from a different brand but I heard it’s going to be a pain trying to unravel all the wires especially if you buy in bulk.

For me the hardest part about using the Zutter Bind-it-All is actually binding the whole notebook with the Owires and making that perfect circle. I usually use a lot of force when punching the inside pages and covers. So when time comes to bind them all together with the Owire, I forget not to exert the same amount of force because that usually ruins the Owires and they don’t close up in that perfect ‘O’ shape. I’ve wasted a lot of Owires when I was starting out and it’s put even more pressure on me since I can’t buy Owires in my country. I have to import them from the US. It takes a while to get used to the binding

part so make sure you buy extra Owires or get them on sale so it doesn’t hurt so much when you waste a few.

When I bought my machine it had a defect. It could be the shipping that broke it. I’m not really sure but anyways, I was really disappointed that I couldn’t use it immediately because of the broken part. Fortunately I was able to contact Zutter’s customer care center and they’ve sent me a replacement part and printouts of guidelines on how to replace the broken part with the new one. Big thumbs up to the Zutter people! That’s what I call customer service.

I also love my Zutter tote called the Bag-a-Bind that you can buy separately. It’s pink, like the Zutter machine, and has a lot of pockets for extra tools and items that you want to bring around. It’s a nice handy storage for keeping all my binding stuff together.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1231031457580631/k2311a0331/3.31.11