Eat, Pray, Love Movie
  • I enjoyed this movie more than I expected to
  • Julia Roberts isn't my favorite actor, although I think in the case of Liz Gilbert, she was probably the best choice
  • I was disappointed with her experiences in India, the spiritual quest didn't resonate with her or with me as a viewer

• by Grsky

MSN Messenger (required to be logged into MSN Messenger)

Pretty good movie based on a decent book.

I enjoyed this movie more than I expected to. Julia Roberts isn’t my favorite actor, although I think in the case of Liz Gilbert, she was probably the best choice. I also enjoyed the movie more than I did the book, Roberts did a good job of taking some of the edge off the real Liz’s self importance.

My favorite part was the photography of the Italy scenery and food.

Both were sumptuous and beautiful.

I guess if I had enough money to travel and spend a year in three different countries I could have a shot at finding myself too. Since I can’t I sometimes look to movies like this one to show me the way. Interestingly the person who said the most important thing for me to hear at any rate was her actor lover, David. When he said “stop waiting for something” ...

• it did strike a chord. I could also relate to the conversation the women had about how they disappear into a relationship. I saw that about myself some years back and haven’t been in a relationship since, kind of a pendulum swing sort of thing. So when Liz says she needs to find something to marvel at, it got me to thinking where that would be for me.

I was disappointed with her experiences in India, the spiritual quest didn’t

resonate with her or with me as a viewer.

Bali was fun but I think if I were to run away I would go to Italy, and eat carbs for the rest of my life.

Good movie for women if they aren’t needing to “find” something in it, great if you do but don’t have too high of expectations. I doubt that many men would enjoy it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1131031457570631/k2311a0331/3.31.11