Mama Cozzi’s Pizza Kitchen Cheesesticks
  • The Texas toast has a strong garlic aroma and taste whereas these cheesesticks unfortunately don't

• by CirclingCanvas

Mama Cozzi’s Pizza Kitchen Cheesesticks looked extremely appetizing on the box that they came in. They looked so good that I overlooked what I considered to be a somewhat unreasonable price for five cheesesticks. Two dollars and nineteen cents is cheaper than what other stores want for cheesesticks, although in some cases, more cheesesticks came in a box. This was at an ALDI Food Market store, the only store that I’ve seen the Mama Cozzi’s brand. After finishing up a box of these cheesesticks, I don’t have anything resembling

a burning desire to go out and pick up another box. While the cheesesticks weren’t terribly disappointing, they weren’t as enjoyable as I had hoped they would be.

In addition to being filled with mozzarella cheese, these cheesesticks were also supposed to be garlic-flavored. I didn’t find the garlic-flavoring to be nearly as impressive when compared to the Mama Cozzi’s Texas Garlic Toast. The Texas toast has a strong garlic aroma and taste whereas these cheesesticks unfortunately don’t. There’s some garlic taste and smell, but it wasn’t significant enough ...

• to justify the price of the cheesesticks, especially considering the mozzarella cheese filling was lacking, too. The cheesesticks weren’t exactly loaded with gooey, tasty mozzarella cheese and I do think the picture on the box is a bit of an exaggeration as there wasn’t as much mozzarella cheese as shown in the picture on the box.

Despite the aforementioned disappointments, Mama Cozzi’s Pizza Kitchen Cheesesticks were enjoyable, to an extent. The cheesesticks were easy to bake in the oven and came out reasonably soft, although with sufficient firmness to

prevent the cheesesticks from drooping or losing their gooey, cheesy filling. The garlic and mozzarella both entertained my taste buds and added positively to the meal. I just don’t feel that for the amount of money and for the number of cheesesticks that came in a box that the product retails at an attractive price. The cheesesticks simply don’t taste good enough for the value to be there, at least, for me. Unless they are on sale at some point in the future, I don’t see myself buying them again.

greg says :

i bought these so called cheesesticks and would never get another one ever again… i cooked these in the oven and after about 6 minutes the stink in my house was so bad i had to throw the sticks outside the house and then i had to open the windows and air out the inside of the house. mozzarella?? i think not. these smelled more like limburger to me. these were nothing but disgusting to me

CirclingCanvas replies :

Sorry to hear that you didn’t like them. I have only bought them a select few times, but each time I baked them, I’ve enjoyed them.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2731031457560631/k2311a0331/3.31.11