Cuisinart TOB-60 Convection Toaster Oven Broiler
2.0
  • I was impressed with the look, size and function it provided at a reasonable price of $129.99 (regularly priced at $189.99)

• by paula24

Approximately 4 months ago, I purchased a Cuisinart TOB-60 Convection Toaster Oven Broiler in a stainless steel style. I was impressed with the look, size and function it provided at a reasonable price of $129.99 (regularly priced at $189.99). I was looking for a dual oven and toaster to maximize on counter space at home and this one seemed to fit the bill. This product seemed to feel sturdier and looked more like a stainless steel unit than some of the other ones in the same price range. Plus, I felt comfortable purchasing this

brand as it is known to be reliable.

I have used this product over the last 4 months and am happy with the oven and broiler function. I have used it to bake cookies, heat pizzas and other food items and broil a small portion of chicken breast. The oven and broiler heat up quickly and thoroughly heat and cook the food. However, I am not happy with the toaster function. It does not toast each side evenly. As per the instructions, I place the rack in the center to properly toast each side evenly ...

• but I find that it over toasts one side and under toasts the other side. It also takes longer to toast the bread than a traditional toaster. It appears that Cuisinart focused on the development of the functionality for the oven/broiler rather than the toaster.

There is 1 other point about the unit worth mentioning. While I am happy with the oven and broiler performance, I find that the exterior sides of the unit get quite hot during the broiling or baking process. In fact it gets so hot that it hurts to the touch.

This does make me a bit concerned about safety. However, the instructions do say that the unit may get hot during the cooking process and to keep it a few inches away from the counter wall.

Overall, I give this unit 4 out of 10 primarily because of the toaster function. If you are like me and use the toaster more than the oven, than do not purchase this model. Additionally, I’m not thrilled with the fact that the exterior sides get so hot, clearly a consideration when deciding where to place the unit on the counter.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5331031457550631/k2311a0331/3.31.11