Pioneer CS 3070 Speakers  » Electronics  »
2.5
  • I used them as my first pair in my studio and made some good sounding beats on them, so I'm talking in my personal experience
  • And for this price, these babies are pretty good, but don't expect perfection(that cost thousands of dollars more)

• by zlatkor

As speakers go, we can discuss them endlessly.

I am here to tell you about a specific set of speakers - Pioneer CS 3070.

They are not active speakers, so you need a receiver/amp to make them work.

I own a pair together with a pioneer amp(even though i don’t use them anymore because i swiched to a more expensive pair). As i work with music my opinion might be useful to some people.

If you don’t want to use them

in a professional music studio, these speakers are actually pretty good. For an average person they might be “top buy” considering their price and what they can offer. The sound is clear and crisp, even though sub frequencies are not the highlight spot of that model(but that is not too important if you’re just trying to listen to good music on good speakers).

The sub is to be heard, but if you’re making music than you can have some difficulties.But I repeat, for listening only, they’re pretty good.

I used them as my first pair in my studio and made some good sounding beats on them, so I’m talking in my personal experience.

The most important thing you have to keep in mind - how much money you spend - that much quality you get.And for this price, these babies are pretty good, but don’t expect perfection(that cost thousands of dollars more).

They can be used as a home theater supplement ...

• Pioneer CS 3070 Speakers
      as they have strong low end and explosions in a movie will sound good.Also if you’re making a home party, they will do the job great.

120 watt per one 3 way speaker is pretty good. BUT…what some people don’t know is that when it says 120 watt it means the peak values are 120 watt only.the full power of all frequencies are lower. That’s usual on all brands of speakers.

Even though they are not 120 “real” watts, they get

pretty loud. enough for any home. But to be sure you need to buy an adequate amp, but not too strong so you don’t burn your speakers.

Frequencies go from 45HZ to 20 KHZ, but as in all “non studio speakers” that doesn’t have to be true in all cases…but also untrained ears will not hear much difference.

Dimensions: (WxDxH) / : 25.8 cm x 23.4 cm x 54 cm / 6.1 kg

Impendance: 8Ohm

I was happy with them, and I repeat again, for the price, they are good!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1631031457510631/k2311a0331/3.31.11