Now Foods Plant Enzymes,Vegetarian Capsules 120 ct  » Health  »
  • There is quite a blend in here, including enzymes from papaya, which I know work well from personal experience, and protease, lactase, lipase and bromelain, and several others
  • I would highly recommend this product to anyone suffering with poor digestion or gas
  • This pretty much has everything you need in it, as far as I know, to digest just about anything

• by reviewabit

Since I have been using products like Beano for aiding in digestion when certain foods give me gas, I was interested in this product. It is 100% vegetarian plant enzymes, which are active in a broad range of pH. There is quite a blend in here, including enzymes from papaya, which I know work well from personal experience, and protease, lactase, lipase and bromelain, and several others. The different enzymes break down different types of food substances.

This seemed like a much better and broader product than the simple ones I had been using. Several other factors influenced my purchasing this product. One was that

it was from Now Foods, which I have had good experience with in general.

Another was the price– less than ten dollars. Yet another, the fact that the dosage was only one capsule, so the 120 that were in the bottle actually were 120 doses. The directions state it can be taken one to two times daily with meals.

I normally only need it once, if any at all. I mostly know the foods that tend to bother me. I have both GERD and IBS, and digestion issues can be tricky with alternating symptoms and also times of remission.

I just use these like I did ...

• the other products like the papaya or Beano. I use them as needed. For this purpose, the bottle really does last me a long time, which is a good deal, especially for the price.

As far as I can tell, these capsules work every bit as well as the other products and possibly better. I have not had gas or irritation any time I have taken these with a meal. They even handled a large Italian meal with ease, and later, homemade chili with beans.

(Now there is a real test. ) I had no stomach discomfort on the day I braved eating both of these

meals, and that seems like a minor miracle. The only thing I liked better about the papaya was that they came in little chewable tablets that tasted good.

I suppose that is selfish of me, but I miss the little papaya candies I used to have an excuse to eat! Now I swallow a capsule with water. But, the capsule is a lifesaver. I would highly recommend this product to anyone suffering with poor digestion or gas.

This pretty much has everything you need in it, as far as I know, to digest just about anything! The price is incredible for what you are getting too.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3431031457490631/k2311a0331/3.31.11