Twinlab Allergy-C Caps 100 capsules
  • I think it was designed not to treat allergy, but for allergic individuals who had trouble with other supplements
  • The extra vitamin C was not a problem, since it’s usually a good thing to have and you can’t overdose on it anyway so it was safe to take with my multivitamin
  • Although the effects were the same, I decided not to buy the brand again when it ran out
  • I would definitely recommend this formula to those who specifically needed it

• by reviewabit

When I was having some allergy symptoms, I sent my partner to the store to pick up some allergy relief. I asked for Benadryl, and some kind of natural supplement or remedy for allergies. (I wanted to cover all the bases because I had a meeting to cater soon and did not want to sneeze all the way through it!) What I was brought was Allergy-C caps from Twinlab, which was purchased at GNC. I assumed the same thing my partner did– that these were intended to help support or treat allergies.

But, it turns out that the capsules contain

nothing but calcium, magnesium, and vitamin C. It was not the homeopathic remedy I had in mind. I think it was designed not to treat allergy, but for allergic individuals who had trouble with other supplements.

Since I take a calcium and magnesium supplement anyway, I kept them and took them when my other brand ran out. The extra vitamin C was not a problem, since it’s usually a good thing to have and you can’t overdose on it anyway so it was safe to take with my multivitamin. I didn’t have any trouble with the capsules.

...

• They didn’t cause an upset stomach or any side effects. They worked and behaved just as good as the other brand I was using before it. Although the effects were the same, I decided not to buy the brand again when it ran out.

There are much less expensive versions of calcium and magnesium out there that works just as well. I don’t really have a specific need for capsules that are allergy-proof. My allergies are to pollen and mold, not supplement ingredients.

The only problems I have with supplements tend to be stomach irritation, nausea, etc. but that is not

allergy related. If someone needed a calcium and magnesium supplement (and some vitamin C as a bonus) and they tended to have allergic reactions to other products, this would be the perfect product for them.

It has no added flavors, colors, coatings, sweeteners or chemicals that tend to cause reactions. It is just the supplements themselves, gelatin, water, calcium stearate, MCT, and silica. Nothing dodgy in there at all.

I would definitely recommend this formula to those who specifically needed it. Otherwise, I would advise purchasing one of the less expensive brands, as they work the same as far as I can tell.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3431031457480631/k2311a0331/3.31.11